WAG elbow pain

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

should I just give it a couple of days to see if pain diminishes? I guess I could make an appointment for Monday and cancel if it is fine by then.

I would definitely take her. My DD hurt her arm at a meet. We took her to the local children's hospital for x-rays immediately afterwards. The x-rays came back clear but they referred us to an orthropedist for a follow up. She wanted an MRI as elbows can be very hard to x-ray. The MRI showed that DD had fractured a small bone inside the elbow that is difficult to see on x-rays. Thankfully, all she had to do was wear a sling for 6 weeks.

DD is seeing an ortho tomorrow morning. She can't straighten her arm or bend it completely. Pain is less but I think she may have high pain tolerance. We have a travel meet this weekend and I think she is hiding pain so she can still compete. I feel so bad for her :(
I did take her to urgent care last week. they x-rayed it and said it was a bicep strain.

So sorry to hear. Unfortunately plain X-rays don't evaluate the soft tissues, tendons etc. Are you going to take her in again???

Please get her checked, my daughter had pain for 10 days and finally she said it was severe so we took her in, she fractured her elbow. Also it could be OCD of the elbow, you will need an MRI good luck

I agree with everyone else, I fractured my arm last October on vault and it was initially thought to be a sprain until the ortho looked at it. The swelling went down and a fracture was seen, along with a partially torn collateral ligament.

Hope you get good news. Just remind your daughter- if she lets it heal, there will always be another meet.

I'm so sorry to hear that, but so very glad that you were able to get her in to the ortho Dr. I imagine that recovery time would've been much worse had you not taken her in.

gymnastca25 I don't mean to alarm you. but when my dd fractured her elbow- we were initially told 4 weeks. Then we went back and it was another 3 weeks and then another 2 weeks. It was about 9 weeks total until she was cleared to use her arm. I hope for your sake and your DD's that it is only 4!! Im praying for that, but I just wanted to share so you are not blindsided like I was... Good luck

Sorry to hear about it! Having been through it with my DD, it seems like a long time but it will pass. I don't know if they are having her start PT. Our doc had her start immediately as they were concerned that she would lose mobility in the joint if she didn't move it. The first weeks were just to maintain movement, not to put any weight on it. You may want to ask if they aren't having her do any.

Sorry to hear about it! Having been through it with my DD, it seems like a long time but it will pass. I don't know if they are having her start PT. Our doc had her start immediately as they were concerned that she would lose mobility in the joint if she didn't move it. The first weeks were just to maintain movement, not to put any weight on it. You may want to ask if they aren't having her do any.

That is exactly what she was told. He said she does not need PT but she does need to continue to just use her arm without bearing weight on it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back