WAG Elbow Pain

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm not looking for medical advice, just experiences.

I've been having elbow pain for a while, but recently it has gotten worse. I do plan on going to the doctor, but due to how busy they are the appointment it will not be for another two weeks. I know a lot of people on here have experience with elbow pain, so I thought I'd ask here.

Basically what I'm asking is, how long did your/your DD's elbow (or anything else) hurt before you went to the doctor for it?

Thanks in advance.

Just generalizing how I delta with injuries in my past - not specific to elbow.
Was there a particular fall - injury to the area? - If this case immediately.
If it is more of an on-going ache, I typically self-treated by resting (no training/limited training), ice, and anti-inflammatory for a couple of days. If the pain persisted or got worse I typically got it checked out.

ETA: I was also pretty in-tune with my body and knew if it was something more then just aches and pains. If I felt like it was not serious, I often just waited out the ache with limited training & rest because I know the doctor would have just told me the same.

That being said - You and your DD know her body the best. Obviously seek medical judgment as you see fit.

I had a chronically weak/painful elbow. It hurt to land on for vault, back handsprings, etc. I had x-rays when the pain got really bad and something felt very "off" but it wasn't broken and there was nothing they could really do, it was just a chronic use injury. Keeping it taped helped a lot.

Just generalizing how I delta with injuries in my past - not specific to elbow.
Was there a particular fall - injury to the area? - If this case immediately.
If it is more of an on-going ache, I typically self-treated by resting (no training/limited training), ice, and anti-inflammatory for a couple of days. If the pain persisted or got worse I typically got it checked out.

ETA: I was also pretty in-tune with my body and knew if it was something more then just aches and pains. If I felt like it was not serious, I often just waited out the ache with limited training & rest because I know the doctor would have just told me the same.

That being said - You and your DD know her body the best. Obviously seek medical judgment as you see fit.

Actually, I hadn't fell on it at all, but tonight I had a nasty fall off of the high bar which resulting in landing right on my elbows. Ugh. I'm icing and plan on resting the rest of the week (or until my appointment). I typically don't get injuries, which is why this one worries me a tad.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back