Eliminating a Booster Club

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was wondering if anyone knows of the proper procedures to eliminate a booster club? I am guessing that it would have to be voted on my all members and that the owners of a gym would have no say in this...is this true? Or, can owners of a gym decide to eliminate the booster club themselves?

amom

It should be decided on by the membership. You should also discuss how to distribute any funds left in the account. They gym owners should not have any say.

Thanks!

Thanks! We (the parents) are not wanting to eliminate the booster club. The owners are threatening this because they know people are not happy with how it is run. So, they said that they will just do away with it so that everyone has to pay for everything out of their pocket and then the parents would see how they like it. You can see the background on all of this in the thread Gym Problems Suggestions Please in this same topic area. I was pretty sure that they could have no say in this because of it being a 501 c3. The owners really think we are all very stupid. The parents know otherwise. Unfortunately, there are no other gyms at all. This is the only one in town.

Thanks! We (the parents) are not wanting to eliminate the booster club. The owners are threatening this because they know people are not happy with how it is run. So, they said that they will just do away with it so that everyone has to pay for everything out of their pocket and then the parents would see how they like it. You can see the background on all of this in the thread Gym Problems Suggestions Please in this same topic area. I was pretty sure that they could have no say in this because of it being a 501 c3. The owners really think we are all very stupid. The parents know otherwise. Unfortunately, there are no other gyms at all. This is the only one in town.

I know this is an older post, but I have been gone for a while so bear with me...

The gym owners cannot dissolve the booster club as it is a separate entity, but they can stop doing business with the booster club. If they stopped doing business with the booster club, the bc could just meet at parents houses and pay out money directly to families, etc.- and bypass the gym all together. Operating like this might get you into trouble with the IRS though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back