Elite Gymnastics- is it possible for me?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Currently, i am 15 years old and will be a level 9 this upcoming year when i am a sophomore. I have all of my level 10 skills so i might switch over to 10 mid season. i am really interested in becoming an elite gymnast, i would be honored to go to the olympics, but just competing in the small meets like nationals and classics would be a dream come true. is there any possible way for me to become an elite? i am willing to wait a few yers to go to college if it means i can go elite!

Anything is possible with hard work and effort. Talk to your coach, let them know what you want to do. they can let you know best where you are right now and how you can plan to get to where you want.

I agree with the others. Talk with your coach and parents. Might be good to have everyone at a meeting together. You need to discuss alot of things such as increased fees, increased hours, coach experience in training elites etc.

Rule #1

First, you dream it.....Second, you believe it.....Third, you work to show others what you've dreamed.....Then you make them believe.

Make them believe, by first believing in yourself, and don't ask me if I think you're good enough. I think you can only answer that question for yourself. I think it can be done, but I can't tell if you can do it. Ask your coaches about their experiences with elites, and what they know about the steps ahead to get to the elite level. After that you may have to work your tail off to prove you're serious.

Dunno's advice is best. Just knowing you are in level 9, tells us very little about your ability as a gymnast, your body type, your strength and weaknesses and most importantly of all your training effort and attitude.

Elite is a big step up from level 10, when you reach elite it stops being a sports and becomes your full time job. Elite gymnasts train on average 6-7 hours per day 6 days per week. So 36-42 hours per week. Going to school is rarely possible without very special arrangements so home school is required.

Elite gym is also often more lonely, you need to be willing to work out on your own day in, day out for hours at a time without a big team of peers around and just master skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back