MAG Elite Team Cup/Winter Cup

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

DTAG

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
Thought it would be fun to start a thread on these. Anyone watch podium training tonight? Region 3 was looking strong. Hoping Region 8 comes through and makes a great showing, they were also looking good, (I'm biased).

And question, is Winter Cup basically the same as ETC, just for the older guys? From my gym, we have guys competing in both so trying to fully understand.

Winter Cup is the elite meet, and has National Team and Funding implications for the elite men. It is kind of the first big national meet for this year. National team spots will be awarded from this meet.

Now, the ETC guys can make finals, and compete sunday (if it is like it was last year),but are not in line for any national team or junior national team spots.

and.... GO REGION 9!

Winter Cup is the elite meet, and has National Team and Funding implications for the elite men. It is kind of the first big national meet for this year. National team spots will be awarded from this meet.

Now, the ETC guys can make finals, and compete sunday (if it is like it was last year),but are not in line for any national team or junior national team spots.

and.... GO REGION 9!
Oh wow, I didn’t realize the Winter Cup was that big of a deal! Really hoping our guy makes it!! He’s incredible!

I think ETC will just be on Saturday, if I am understanding the schedule correctly.

Attachments

• 8AE10593-A324-48D8-941C-7DC0D70EE5E0.png
    8AE10593-A324-48D8-941C-7DC0D70EE5E0.png
    305.1 KB · Views: 18
Oh wow, I didn’t realize the Winter Cup was that big of a deal! Really hoping our guy makes it!! He’s incredible!

I think ETC will just be on Saturday, if I am understanding the schedule correctly.
So, the SUnday says Junior and senior men. The only juniors there are ETC guys.

Question, why didn't they announce the National Team spots tonight? They just did event awards, not even AA. I figured as it was Day 2, it would have been announced. Are both Junior and Senior National Team spots supposed to be chosen?

AA was already awarded.

Junior National Team is not named from this meet.

They have to look at all the numbers to name the rest of the Senior national team. It has been this way for a bit. Not the best way though.

AA was already awarded.

Junior National Team is not named from this meet.

They have to look at all the numbers to name the rest of the Senior national team. It has been this way for a bit. Not the best way though.
I must have missed AA, I was distracted.

Ok, thanks. I had no clue honestly, this is the first year we have watched and started understanding gymnastics on a higher level. When do they announce it? And from the Sr Team, that team can be given various international assignments? Does the Jr Team also get similar assignments?

Thank you!

I must have missed AA, I was distracted.

Ok, thanks. I had no clue honestly, this is the first year we have watched and started understanding gymnastics on a higher level. When do they announce it? And from the Sr Team, that team can be given various international assignments? Does the Jr Team also get similar assignments?

Thank you!

The AA was awarded after Day 1.

I expect they will announce it soon...but who knows. It is all a big guessing game anymore. We know 7 of the members, but they can name up to 20.

Both can get international assignments. Seniors to the World Cups and other senior meets (Doha being the next one) and juniors to junior world events.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back