Em needs more surgery on her knee!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Haven't been around much for several weeks. Between work, gym and Em's school it's been crazy in our house. Poor Em has continued to have a lot of pain in her knee, and she and her coach finally decided there would be no more competing this year, and Em would ease up for a bit and see if her knee would get any better. Just got back from seeing the orthopedist today and he thinks that Em may have another torn meniscus:( She is scheduled for arthroscopic surgery March 15 with a possible meniscus repair. If the meniscus is torn and can be repaired she will be non-weight bearing for 3-4 weeks, but should be able to get back after that. My heart hurts for my DD right now! She has worked so hard to come back from a catastrophic knee injury - ruptured ACL and 2 torn menisci - and has done it with a grace and courage far beyond what you would expect from a 16 year old, and frankly, it's just not fair! Any healing/positive thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

What a bummer! Thinking lots of good thoughts for both of you as you work through the whole process, hopefully things aren't nearly as bad as they could be. She sounds like a really tough kid, wishing her all the best! Please keep us updated.

So sorry she is having such a horrible time. Hopefully the all is well after her surgery and she has as speedy a recovery as possible.

Aww poor Em! I'm sorry but I will think positive and healing thoughts for her. I hope everything goes well with the arthroscopy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back