Parents Emily has a big meet tomorrow... Wish us luck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This will be our last reg 4 level meet, the next one is State which is the last weekend of March. This meet is a huge one too. Last year everyone that was pretty much at our state meet was at this meet so I sort of consider it a prestate meet, lol.
I am so glad this season is almost done though. Emily and I are definitely ready to move to level 5.
Emily was working level 5 beam routine today and level 5 bar routine and she did her back handspring step out by herself on the low beam today too. It only took her like 20 min to attempt them by herself without mats stacked up. Her back handspring step out on the floor is perfect and I can tell this will be a strong skill for her. Now the back walkover on beam is a different story... I think this one will take a lot more work than the back handspring just because of flexibility reasons.
I will have some videos of open gym soon. This is the gym we are switching too's open gym and now our own fyi....
Oh Tomorrows meet is a 9 am session about 45 min drive from us but being daylight savings tonight... It will actually be an 8 am session... I am so nervous.. None of my kids are morning kids at all.

Good Luck tomorrow! I know that by the end of our L4 season the "moving on up" girls were getting anxious too. Congrats on your DD's skills, sounds like she will breeze right thru L5!

Good luck Emily, hope your hair is lovely and that you have velcro feet on the beam:D. Let us know how it goes....

Good luck- we will be fighting the time change tomorrow too. Need to check in at 8 am and it's a 45 minute drive. We set our clocks ahead earlier tonight to make the change a little easier. Luckily my dd goes to bed early anyway. Good luck to all!

Thank you guys:)
I of course can't sleep yet, lol..
Anyway, here is the long long goofing around videos of my girls at open gym...
beware... lots of wobbles, bent knees and poor form, lol..
But hey it is open gym and it is Emily showing some of her level 5 skills and Madi working her way up to level 3 hopefully this next year:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6owvfIncmc

Good luck with it all. It sounds like a very exciting time for her, her final meets for level 4, states and of course moving up to level 5. I hope her last few meets of level 4 are ones to remember and be proud of and that she has fun preparing for her first level 5 meets.

We are at the opposite end of the spectrum here in Australia. Competition season is about to begin, all our girls are finishing their skill development and are about to have their first meets for the year, just as yours are about to finish.

If flexibility is a real issue for her with her backwalkover, why not look at the possiblity of doing the back extention roll on beam instead. She sounds like a strong and confident gymnast and one that may be able to tackle this skill well.

Good luck- we will be fighting the time change tomorrow too. Need to check in at 8 am and it's a 45 minute drive. We set our clocks ahead earlier tonight to make the change a little easier. Luckily my dd goes to bed early anyway. Good luck to all!

Catesmom - we are at the same meet this weekend! My dd & I had the pleasure of watching your gym's L5's & L9's in our sessions - they were fantastic!!!!! 2 of our L6's will be in your session today - you can't miss our little L6 in the red & gold LOL... Our L5 session was 5 HOURS on Friday - the meet was a tad bit unorganized.. and even the L9 session went on forevah! We got out of there about 10:30 last night... yikes... hope your goes a little smoother - and best of luck to Cate! btw I love your guys' leos - they were so cute, but from a distance (I only had one contact in - lost the other on the drive there lol) I thought the gold moons were tears in the leos LOL.... up close and personal on vault I could tell what they were - absolutely adorable & a great bunch of kids your gym has!

We are back... Our team got killed though:( ugh... However, Emily did great.

She has mega tough competition in her age group(19 girls) but she did it...

She got a 9.3 on Vault for a 7th place
9.0 on Bars for a 5th place(totally robbed) ( Same judge as last week that gave her an 8.9 with a fall and she didn't fall totally stuck her routine today... ugh....)
9.2 on beam:) second highest personal best score of the year and got 3rd place(1st and 2nd tied with 9.45s)
9.25 on Floor and 3rd place:)
So overall a 36.75 and a 4th place finish in the
All around which is her 2nd highest All Around personal best score this year too.

State meet is at the end of the month(weekend of the 28-30th) and we are done.
Then it is the big switch soon after and level 5 here we come....
I will post the videos later tonight. We are going to out to get something to eat.

Oh and team... We got 4th place with a 112.7 only 4 tenths from 3rd but first place(which is the gym we are planning on switching too) kicked everyone's butt with a 114.9 WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
awesome job congrats....we still have another meet before states in May

Sounds like your daughter had a great meet.Competition can be hard and the judges can be very tough too.My daughter came in 14th with a 9.1 on floor.I still want to believe that that was a mistake.Good luck to your daughter at State.Our State meet is at the same weekend.Thanks for your comment on my daughters vid.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back