Parents Emily has had many meets since I last checked in with an update.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think we have had like 4 more meets and all the videos are on youtube.
Emily has been doing great at level 5:)
Especially Vault.... Last year with the level 4 vault it was always an issue because she had too much power for it and always bounced off the big mat and had to usually have an extra 8 incher on top to try to control some of the power. This year it is working to her advantage and she has been placing in the top 2 for almost every meet;)
Emily's latest two meets are the Springfield meet called the Missouri Winter Games in which Nastia Luikin attended and did a speech and a small exhibition.
Emily had a fall on beam that meet on her darn dismount and didn't make the twist the first time around. She did take 2nd on Vault with ann 8.95, 4th on Bars with an 8.9 which is a bit of a gift... our whole team seemed off on bars that day and didn't place on beam 8.55 or floor 8.4 because she also didn't hit her handstand on her back extension that meet either but she did place 6th in the All Around with a 34.8 AA score.
However, This past weekend was the Pink Ribbon Invitational which is turning out to be a really monster meet for the KC area hosted by KGDC. Usually I consider it a pre-state meet because all the Kansas teams come but this year, we also had them and 1 Oklahoma team(Dynamo) and two Missouri teams, Mega and Edge.
This was Emily's best meet to date:)
She started on floor and we were also flight A for the meet as well.... and after the previous weeks melt down about how awful she did and that she is just getting worse. She walked out onto the floor for this meet with her head held high and the look like don't mess with me... I am nailing this thing today. Finally, confident beautiful floor routine and finally broke into the 9's for the first time this year with a 9.125 and good enough for 4th place on floor.
Then onto vault which I haven't even worried about at all this year. Great solid vault and an 8.925... Good enough for 2nd place... 1st place was 9.05
Then onto bars which has been in the low 9s and high 8s all year... Great routine except she did have a slight pause after her glide kip and slightly bent arms too which she normally never has anymore but good enough for her highest bar score of the year which was a 9.35 and 2nd place.
Then onto beam... WE had to wait almost an hour because the rotations got way backed up on the beam.... So after last weeks fall on the dismount she gets up and starts good then the split leap... big wobble... but she saved it and the rest of the routine great:) No falls... she does go OT but she gets a 8.95 and good enough for 6th place.
The best part about the whole meet.... Even after not placing 1st in any one single individual event... Emily turned out to be the Pink Ribbon Invitational All Around Champion with her season high score of 36.35:)
WE are so proud of her and she also got a beautiful Pink Ribbon Leo.
Here is the Pink Ribbon Video....

YouTube - Emily Level 5 Gymnastics 2009 Pink Ribbon Invitational

Hey there,

Nice to see you around. I have seen Emily's youtube videos she really has had a strong season, she is looking very grown up. IS she planning to do L6 next season?

Tell Emily that we think she is awesome, her vault rocks!

You know, I was just on You Tube (my DD loves to watch the L5 routines now) the other day and saw the video from the "Pink" meet and thought to myself that Melmonette has not been here in a LONG time to update us with such great news, LOL! I thought she was awesome and have really enjoyed seeing her become such and wonderful & talented gymnast. She's always been one onf my CB favorites. I remember when I first came on here and saw a video of her playing/doing a L5 routine as a L4 and thought waaay back then that she was so talented. I am glad it is all falling into place for her now. Oh, and BTW, what are you doing, feeding her growth hormones? When did she get SO tall???? CONGRATS on such a wonderful season and hope she moves on up to bigger and better things, she looks ready.

I had already seen her on YouTube and commented, but she definitely is look great! She DOES look like she grew. :) She really is doing great. I know you are proud of her!

thank you guys:) I know she has grown quite a bit. Emily works very very hard. She was training with the 6's tonight and lately on Tuesday and thursday while Madi is at practice.
Emily will be training to be a level 6 this next year:) She loves vault and bars but Gerald is an amazing vault and bar coach. I can't believe we only have one more small meet this weekend and then March 28th is her state meet. How did this season just fly before my eyes??? I am sorry I don't get here as much as I used to because I work now M-Thursday and then with Austin's swimming and Madi competing as well as Emily it is chaos here. I try to watch everyone's videos and meet results. I love being at this board and I love all the support here and how we are all in this gymnastics rollacoaster ride.
This weekend is another meet for Madi(her last level 3 meet) She is getting amazing and for the first time tonight she made the level 4 vault. Her round off back handsprings are starting to look like Emily's and she is just turning into a great little gymnast. I think she will do awesome in level 4 next year.
Emily has grown and improved so much since moving to this gym. I love it. I guess since I can't complain about this gym ever, I don't have much to complain about in posts anymore other than it was the best move I could ever make for my girls.
The girls from Emily's level 4 team at McCracken's are struggling on many events during this big meets and Emily seems to become a consistantly well rounded and strong all around gymnast.
Austin is also swimming this weekend in Division 1 championships in Wichita and our gymnastics meet is a home meet so we will be split up this weekend. Austin swims Friday, Saturday and Sunday and Emily and Madi both compete on Saturday but I work the meet on Friday and Saturday between the girls sessions and then Emily, Madi, my boyfriend and I will drive down to watch the last day of the Division 1 swimming meet.

Ooh Boyfriend, that's new, and nice...

So glad the kids are all doing so well. Watching Austins swimming is cool as we don't have that here. You have a talented little bunch. SO glad the gym switch turned out so well for your girls, and you too.

Tell Emily good luck for States, does Madi get one too?

Thank you and yes the boyfriend is a new thing too:)
I don't know if I mentioned that my husband and I separated last May which was a long time coming. I have a new boyfriend and we are great:) He is awesome and loves gymnastics... he got hooked in really fast into the gymnastics life:) It took one meet:) lol....
Anyway, Austin has amazed me this year in swimming... his times have been amazing and his progress. If you look back at videos from one year ago to today... you would never believe this was the same swimmer but I guess I can say that about Emily and Madi too. Their improvements have been amazing.
Thank you again:) I love watching your girls too Bog:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back