Parents Emma's 2nd level 6 meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She really did a great job out there!! Olivia is in the same age group, an 8yo Level 6. She's the youngest on her team and always has been. I guess it depends on the meet, how they break out the age groups. In most of the meets I looked at from last year the break out was 7-9 or 8-9. I hope we don't see 8-11. That just seems unfair. I look at some of our girls that are 9, almost 10 and they're just at a different level than Olivia is. She's usually the last to get the tough skills but I'm so proud of her for how far she's come, even since the summer. I hope Emma continues to have a great season! :)

Thank you!! Last year the age groupings were different here as well. The meet she just did was 7-9 last year. We were looking so forward to it! Then we get the news that after a gazillion years of doing it that way, this year they are only having 2 age groups. Seems to be the trend in our state this year. I guess just not enough younger ones to justify that age group. I am curious to see how they handle States. Seriously not fair if they do the same thing there!!!! Good luck to Olivia this season too!

She did an awesome job! Way to go Emma. Her beam routine is very solid!! I think the squat on must take the place of the dreaded stride or mill circle! The girls at our gym seem to miss it quite a bit as well! I guess that is something to look forward to when Alex makes it to L5.

Did you take still shots from the video you made? Those were some really cool shots that you got! I am still learning how to use my camcorder better. My biggest problem is keeping my mouth shut when taping lol!! I tend to be a little bit loud on there!!

My husband actually shot those with our digital camera. He bought me it and I just get so nervous at meets that I can't use the darn thing. So he took it over this meet and I did the video camera and I hate doing that too. I didn't talk but, it is so cute to hear my friends talking through her floor routine! On Emma's last meet video (floor) if you listen closely you can hear the phone ring and then I say "stupid kids!".HA They were driving me crazy calling and calling! Funny thing is, it was not my kids but the coach that was out of town calling to check how they were doing!!!:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back