Parents Emma's 2nd level 6 meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all! Emma had her second level 6 meet. This is the meet that last year she feel off beam twice. So, going into this meet she was very nervous. Although beam turned out great! Normally Emma's best event is bars, but as she said, "I just had a bad bar day". Gotta love her attitude. No excuses for her. She was able to pull herself together and go on to have a great beam routine. It was an early meet, I hate early meets! She had to be on the floor by 8 am. I love this meet for it's great venue. Very well run, great seating, warm up and perform on same equipment...... Anyhow, the age groups were not so good again, but I need to get over that because that seems to be how it is. :confused:

First up was Floor- 8.8 14th place
Vault 8.7 no place
Bars 7.95 YIKES
Beam 9.5 4th place

AA 34.95, 14th place out of 29
Team took home first place!

YouTube - Emma's 2nd level 6 meet Horton Invitational 2009

We now have until January before she competes again. Looking forward to not traveling and enjoying the holidays! My oldest daughter had a cheer competition the same weekend. She did great as well and her squad also took home the first place trophey! Gotta say, I LOVED watching the cheer competition! It was soooo much fun! Emma was glued to her seat! This was our first competition for cheer. So much fun!

What a fabulous beam score! I can't believe that wasn't 1st place or 2nd place. Emma being so young, those age brackets stink. There just aren't that many 8yr old level 6s out there for her to compete against, kind of a bummer. She did great though, and we are very proud of her. She has a huge break between this meet and the next, I'm sure she'll be itching to compete way before then.

Congrats to your older dd on the cheer. Sounds like a great 1st competition (and a busy weekend for mom, lol).

that's great that Emma was able to let go of the bars event and do so well with the rest of the meet!

Beam!! WOW!!
keep up the good work

Her floor was very pretty to me. Silly judges. LOL. I think her vault looks great, too. Bars, well it happens. YOu can tell that they are there, it just happens sometimes. What a great beam routine, especially after having a hard time on bars, just beautiful!! Great job for her 2nd L6 meet. Congrats to her team, too.

Wow on that beam score! Can't believe she was fourth with a 9.5. It's rough being in that younger age group, I am sure. Sorry to hear about bars, that dang squat on is so hard in Level 6 and it looks like it just threw her for a loop on the top bar. We all know that she is capable of rocking bars!! Congrats to her team and to Emma on an excellent L6 meet. And congrats to your other daughter on first place at her cheer competition. Sounds like fun to watch!

Meg

Way to go Emma! Awesome routines!! And for having a "bad bar day" you still did fantastic, woohoo!!

Anyhow, the age groups were not so good again, but I need to get over that because that seems to be how it is. :confused:
What did you mean by that? How do they group the girls?

Way to go Emma! Awesome routines!! And for having a "bad bar day" you still did fantastic, woohoo!!

What did you mean by that? How do they group the girls?

She has been in a tough age group. Last meet it was 7-11, 12-14 and this meet it was from 7-10 plus...almost 11, and 10 plus to 14. I guess this year in Illinois there are not many 8 year old level 6's. At least not at the meets we have been to at this point. I was whinning about it after her last meet....so I figured I better get my big girl pants on and just deal with it!:D She will have to hang with the big girls if she goes to level 7 next year!

She has been in a tough age group. Last meet it was 7-11, 12-14 and this meet it was from 7-10 plus...almost 11, and 10 plus to 14. I guess this year in Illinois there are not many 8 year old level 6's. At least not at the meets we have been to at this point. I was whinning about it after her last meet....so I figured I better get my big girl pants on and just deal with it!:D She will have to hang with the big girls if she goes to level 7 next year!
Wow that is tough! Doesn't seem too fair does it? Especially when it is a young gymnast that is new to L6. But, from what I've seen from Emma she can certainly hang with the big girls!! :D

Sounds like a busy weekand ! Great job Emma routines looked great and Wow on the beam! The age groups defintley stuck but Emma is holding her own!Congarts to your older dd at her Cheer comp.!!

I am also an "age group whiner" lol... My DD is an 8yr lvl 6 too! I think we were just spoiled in lvl 4 & 5 because there are more girls so they have to break it down more. I recall several lvl 4 meets where her age had it's own awards...now being thrown in with the big dogs kinda stinks!

Her first meet was a 33.35 for 3rd place. So on the flip side, I think to my self...she is doing all this at her young age whereas some girls took a little longer so it all balances out.....I guess.. :)

She is soooo good! Awesome beam, and really everything else too! Those age groups are tough, but like everyone else said, she is clearly able to hold her own! Congrats!!

I am also an "age group whiner" lol... My DD is an 8yr lvl 6 too! I think we were just spoiled in lvl 4 & 5 because there are more girls so they have to break it down more. I recall several lvl 4 meets where her age had it's own awards...now being thrown in with the big dogs kinda stinks!

Her first meet was a 33.35 for 3rd place. So on the flip side, I think to my self...she is doing all this at her young age whereas some girls took a little longer so it all balances out.....I guess.. :)

Thanks! The age groups do stink, but I know that if she keeps up in this sport this is how it will be for her. She is great about it. She has never been one to think that only podium bling is good bling. She is just as happy with 14th place bling as long as she knows she tried her best. She was thrilled to get on the podium once this past meet for beam. Sounds like your daughter is doing great! Good luck to her this season!

Thank you everyone! She has been in the gym super excited this week. They have been doing their bhs on beam. They did them alot over the summer, but since competition season started, they have not done as much uptraining. They have a big break now, so they are back to uptraining. She has been getting strapped on the trench bar and doing giants again too. She loves all of this.

Mariposa- I think floor was awesome too. I can't figure out all the deductions, but I do know that there are a ton they can take in that routine. You can tell she is trying her hardest! She needs to get her tricks higher for sure. She is working on that. She definitely is strong enough, she is a smidge of a scaredy-cat.

Thanks again All!

Fantastic beam! Congrats to her--what a long break until her next meet though.

She really did a great job out there!! Olivia is in the same age group, an 8yo Level 6. She's the youngest on her team and always has been. I guess it depends on the meet, how they break out the age groups. In most of the meets I looked at from last year the break out was 7-9 or 8-9. I hope we don't see 8-11. That just seems unfair. I look at some of our girls that are 9, almost 10 and they're just at a different level than Olivia is. She's usually the last to get the tough skills but I'm so proud of her for how far she's come, even since the summer. I hope Emma continues to have a great season! :)

She did an awesome job! Way to go Emma. Her beam routine is very solid!! I think the squat on must take the place of the dreaded stride or mill circle! The girls at our gym seem to miss it quite a bit as well! I guess that is something to look forward to when Alex makes it to L5.

Did you take still shots from the video you made? Those were some really cool shots that you got! I am still learning how to use my camcorder better. My biggest problem is keeping my mouth shut when taping lol!! I tend to be a little bit loud on there!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back