Parents Emma's first level 6 meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all! Well she made it through her first level 6 meet! It was very long and I think we finally got done with awards around 10:30 p.m. Emma did a great job! She pushed back her fears of the robhs bt, and flyaway, and went for it all. She needs some spit and polish, but not bad considering her beam/floor coach has been gone for over two weeks, and HC was gone for a week prior to their first meet. Beam/Bar coach was not back in time for the meet.

Here it goes:

First up Bars - 8.95 4th place. Scoring was so close. First place was only a 9.10

Beam- 9.0 did not place. Well, She stayed on! Lots of bobbles, and coach said she lost .5 on her crazy dismount but, all in all, I am thrilled!

Floor- 8.90 did not place. She stubbed her toe on the leap series. I guess her tumbling needs more amplitude, but MOM thought it was beautiful and should have gotten higher! To bad mom is not the judge!:)

Vault- 8.80 did not place. She always struggles with her vault. However, again I am no judge, but MOM thought it was awesome!:)

AA 35.65 tied for 10th place. This was out of 34 girls 7-11. She was definitely in the very small minority of 8 year olds. Maybe two?........ and no 7 year olds.

The team did awesome. They placed 2nd! Emma was exhausted, but definitely thrilled and proud that she had done all her skills! Coach was very proud of her as well. He even told me that she wouldn't even let him spot her at all in warm ups! We did not even get home until almost 2 a.m.! What a night!

Anyhow, thanks to all of you for your good luck wishes, vibes, and Chillin'fairies! Next meet in 3 weeks!

Here is a link to her videos!

YouTube - Emma's first level 6 meet. 8 years old

What a long day and a late night for an 8 year old, fabulous scores and I agree she looked awesome. That is a huge age range and it is clear that an 11 year old canperform in a way that many 8 year old cannot. SHe must be very proud to have done so well. Great AA placement. How many more meets does she have?

What a long day and a late night for an 8 year old, fabulous scores and I agree she looked awesome. That is a huge age range and it is clear that an 11 year old canperform in a way that many 8 year old cannot. SHe must be very proud to have done so well. Great AA placement. How many more meets does she have?

Bog, she has plenty left. I think 6 or 7??? That includes States. Thanks, we think it was a good start. Doing her RO series is a huge accomplishment since last week she would not even connect her ROBHS. HC stood close for the flyaway, but he did not put his hand out. Huge step! No telling what is going on in little heads. Her smile at the end was all I needed! Thanks!

Congrats to Emma! She looked great!

It is ridiculous that the age group was so huge with the big age range... just my mom-who's-been-watching-meets-for-5-yrs opinion!! There is no way a 7 or 8 yr old can compare to an 11 yr old - we were just talking about this yesterday in terms of maturity and how an 11 yr old can "work" the music esp. on floor, not to mention muscular development, etc. I mean scores are scores and they speak for themselves, but in terms of placement, I'm sure there was a big difference in the ages!

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! Emma looked wonderful out there doing her thing! Her bars were gorgeous, and she looked strong on all events:D. She sure flew over that vault table!

What a great showing from one so young (and tiny!). She should be very proud of herself, and mom should be proud of the effort she's put into nurturing her talent.

We can't wait to see more:)

Congrats to Emma! She looked great!

It is ridiculous that the age group was so huge with the big age range... just my mom-who's-been-watching-meets-for-5-yrs opinion!! There is no way a 7 or 8 yr old can compare to an 11 yr old - we were just talking about this yesterday in terms of maturity and how an 11 yr old can "work" the music esp. on floor, not to mention muscular development, etc. I mean scores are scores and they speak for themselves, but in terms of placement, I'm sure there was a big difference in the ages!

I agree with you 100 percent! It was interesting because the next group was 12-14 and they only had 12 or 15 girls. Not sure why they didn't just put some in that group. Oh well, it is what it is!:D She held her own. We often talk about that same thing....body awareness. It is interesting, we can almost see it happening with the girls in our gym. Seems like the closer they get to 10, something just clicks.
Thanks!

What a great 1st meet. She did awesome! 10th place is great when that many girls are competing! She looked very solid on beam considering no beam coaches for 2 weeks! Alex is still frightened of the beam since she split it a couple of weeks ago. SHe won't admit it but I can tell! Way to go for her first meet of the season. I am sure she will see lots of podium in the upcoming meets!

I am totally impressed! Her scores were great, especially for her first meet! I give her major credit for facing her fears and doing the elements she was nervous about doing in competition. Way to go and a true champion! I can't believe she is only 8 years old and a L6, she is very talented! Congrats on a great meet, I look forward to watching her season!

She looked wonderful. Great scores and a great job for her first meet. She looks to have a wonderful season. Is the plan for her to compete the whole season at level 6?

Sean

Wow she is just plain AMAZING! So not cool to have to compete with 11 year olds! She did awesome...what a great season she is going to have!

Way to go Emma!:D

Emma did such a beautiful job, wow! Such huge scores for L6. Her bars were very nice. Lovely floor and beam and her vault was great, too. I just don't get vault scoring AT ALL. We watched Abby's old gym/teammates today at L5 and I was so confused. (And relieved Abby wasn't doing L5 with them).

Can't believe the age groups. The meet we watched today (L5) had 6 different age groups. Being grouped like that is just wrong. No reason for it, especially with so little girls in the other age group. Weird.

Great placement AA with soo many girls. Way to go Emma!!

Great job Emma!! We thought you did a phenomenal job! I also think they could have broken down those groups a little better, but I guess they didn't ask me, lol.

That's impressive! Great job! :)
I agree that they should have broken down the groups, but they also didn't ask me!

Way to go Emma! Those are some awesome scores for her first L6 meet and she did great overcoming her fears! I would be thrilled if Lily scored this high at her first L6 meet! I thought her vault was great and her tumbling was good too. That leap series is just weird and takes time to get right, I think. Congrats to Emma! She will rock by the time States gets here.

Meg

Way to go Emma! I cant wait to watch the video when I get home, Midget and I will sit down to do it this evening.

I agree with everyone else on the age ranges. that is just nutty.

What a great 1st meet. She did awesome! 10th place is great when that many girls are competing! She looked very solid on beam considering no beam coaches for 2 weeks! Alex is still frightened of the beam since she split it a couple of weeks ago. SHe won't admit it but I can tell! Way to go for her first meet of the season. I am sure she will see lots of podium in the upcoming meets!

How did Alex's meet go? We were thinking of her! Oh, and Miley on Wednesday! What a great week!!!!

She looked wonderful. Great scores and a great job for her first meet. She looks to have a wonderful season. Is the plan for her to compete the whole season at level 6?

Sean

Thanks for the nice compliments. She has had a rough start between heel issues and fear issues. The plan is to stay a level 6 all season. She struggled at the end of the season last year with mono and other common colds and such. She missed so much school, and it took the better part of the summer to get her back in the swing of things. We also cut her hours back to 12 a week. Trying to see if we can keep her healthy! I do not think she could so level 7 with only 12 hours a week. So, although I would LOVE to be done with level 6, she will stay and finish up the season.:)

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments! Emma is still on cloud nine! So funny, you would have thought she stood on number one on the podium! She, like mom and dad, is just so darn happy that she competed all 4 events. It was iffy till the last minute if she could do bars or floor. Just shows the determination these little gymmies have! Thanks again! Emma loves to read the comments here and on youtube!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back