Epic Fails

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know there is another thread like this but it is now closed soooo.....
Here are my epic fails and I would love to here yours

Vault - (this was DURING MY COMPETITION VAULT) I went to do a handspring and managed to trip over the TAPE that was a hurdle marker and attempted to do the vault but managed to slide all the way across the vault table and halfway across the crash mat. The judge who was there was the vault judge at my next meet and started laughing when she saw that I was next.
Bars - doing a layout fly away but the bars were to close and managed to wrap my ANKLES around the low bar - was doing a cast as a preteen member and was told to cast as hard as we could (the coaches just expected 1-2 inches off the bar) and I casted to about horizontal and had NO idea how to control it fell over the bar and broke my arm in 4 spots - the countless times I've kicked my coach in the face accidentally when he's spotting handstands.
Beam - did a backhand spring and missed both hands and landed in a sitting stag position on the beam. My coaches want me to use it as an acro skill. - doing an old level 4 dismount (side handstand turn) and started from the wrong end of the beam and I put a hole in the gym's wall
Floor - starting to do a front handspring tuck when a little 4 year old walked in front of me and I was in my hurdle so I thought I could stop. I ended up sliding 5 feet across the floor - attempting a front handspring tuck and over rotated and my feet did not hit the floor and I belly flopped

This is my favorite
I was working tapswings into a pit and when I was swinging forward I got this gigantic rip and let go of the bar. I started crying cuz of the rip and my coach was like you just did a flyaway. By accident. We were in old level 4.

I have done pretty much the same thing on vault! In 2 competitions in a row and just slid over the top of the table because I think I missed the spring board!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back