Parents Essential oils for rips/blisters

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMomA3R

Proud Parent
Does anyone use essential oils for blisters/rips? If so, what do you use?

I was looking at rip ointments/balms online and many of them used essential oils so I was wondering if there’s any oils I may already have that I can use instead of buying another product.

DD has not ripped significantly yet but I can see where blisters are starting to form on her palms and it’s likely to rip sometime this week.

Thanks!

We use tea tree. I’ve also tried lavender and helichrysum. Also, we have used Correct X which has all of those and more.

When we see a bubble I use straight tea tree. It may still rip, but I have had small bubbles go away overnight.

My DD prefers using Vermont's Original Bag Balm Ointment; after she has a layer of new skin she then uses a bit of tea tree oil prior to applying the bag balm. DD uses lavender oil when she has deep bruising on her palms from bars.

Tea bags.... i always say tea bags.... Used them myself 30 years ago and now my daughters regularly "bag up" :)

Pop a few tea bags (regular not herbal) in some boiling water and allow to steep until water goes cold. Squeeze out 80% of water from bags and place bags directly on to rips and squeeze. Hold tight for abou 5 - 10 minutes. The tannin in the tea helps to condition without softening and certainly aids in the quick repair of rips. Just my experience. (and cheaper than the rip balms etc - which we still use, although sparingly.

Just be careful with essential oils & pets. Especially if you're putting it on your hands/ feet & pets lick. Tea tree is poison to dogs.
absolutely! a lot of essential oils are harmful to your pets. if i'm using them, i wash my hands before i touch any of my animals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back