European Championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

anyone here excited for European championships? They'll be in Italy this year in early April

So far, I think Russia will take most of the golds (but, you know, I thought they'd come away from Beijing will a lot more medals than ZERO)

The Russian team is Kseniya Semyonova, Kseniya Afanasyeva, Kristina Goryunova, and Yulya Berger (Russian Champ on vault)

Romania is looking like Izbasa, Tamirjan, Dragoi, and Chelaru

Ukraine is Yana Demyanchuk (love her), Valentina Holenkova (love her), and Anastasia Koval (love her, too!)

Lia Parolari, a great gymnast from Italy, will be there, too

does anyone know who these gymnasts are? please tell me you do, they're lovely!

GO RUSSIA!

I'm very excited! I'm really looking forward to seeing how GB do, especially Becky Downie!! (AA medallist, maybe?)

I really hope Russia do well, although Semenova has a hand injury I think.

Semyonova is actually recovered mostly from that wrist problem, she did bars at Russian nationals and scored 15.8 (HUGE for this new code!) and was 2nd overall, beaten out by 1994 born Aliya Mustafina, Afanasyeva was like 6th but medaled on UB, BB (tie for 1st), and FX in event finals

Tweddle scored 15.75 on UB at Jesolo in ITA

I think Becky could have an outside shot at bronze (maybe higher if Afanasyeva self destructs as she's known to do)

The Romanians are not in shape right now, most of them are broken

I'm biased, but I'm really happy for Beth winning bars! I'm happy for Kaeslin getting bronze AA and gold VT, nice to see more countries getting medals :) I wish things would have gone better for Becky Downie though

Disappointed with Semynova's bars but love her new floor!
Gutted for Becky, things were going so well until and after beam.

Dufournet's floor was downright scary.

I LOVE this routine, too! As far as dance goes, this is one of my favorite routines of all time. It's so beautiful. I love the music and how all of the choreography actually GOES to the music. So many floor routines lately don't even look like the dance goes with the music at all.

Isn't it a shame that those sausage-eating, lager-swilling krauts are in the final? I hope they get beat.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back