MAG "Everything hurts"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Glad he had a good practice.

I'll add that magnesium supplements are great! From what I've read it is both anti-inflammatory and a muscle relaxer. For me it has helped with migraines. With ds it has helped with muscle tightness and mood. Watch the dosage though because it is also a laxative.

After a very cranky week, He went to school an hour and a half late this morning (TA for the PE teacher..figured he could miss that), and slept in, and really seems better. I truly think he is just really tired and stressed right now. 1 more week, 4 more practices, then some fo the pressure can go away!

Mental health day from school? Maybe he feels compelled to be in the gym, but a little sleep and rest from the daily grin somehow might help alleviate some of it?

Would you be able to have him soak in an epsom salt bath? That helps my girls but not sure you could get a teenage boy to take a bath. Although my 14 year old boy asks for one when he doesn't feel well. Hopefully it is just temporary and he is feeling better now.

Would you be able to have him soak in an epsom salt bath? That helps my girls but not sure you could get a teenage boy to take a bath. Although my 14 year old boy asks for one when he doesn't feel well. Hopefully it is just temporary and he is feeling better now.

guess where he is right now?? LOL! He will do just about anything to help. He is rubbing arnica cream on his heels daily (bruised a little from tumbling). He is trying. The issue is they have a cheer floor at their gym (the only thing he doesn't like), and it hurts to tumble on. And he isn't used to tumbling almost daily. But friday they did resi tumbling, so that helped too,

guess where he is right now?? LOL! He will do just about anything to help. He is rubbing arnica cream on his heels daily (bruised a little from tumbling). He is trying. The issue is they have a cheer floor at their gym (the only thing he doesn't like), and it hurts to tumble on. And he isn't used to tumbling almost daily. But friday they did resi tumbling, so that helped too,

It looks funny, but in my professional life I sometimes prescribe tumbling in tennis shoes for kids like that...once or twice a week makes a huge different in the impact forces they have to tolerate.

It looks funny, but in my professional life I sometimes prescribe tumbling in tennis shoes for kids like that...once or twice a week makes a huge different in the impact forces they have to tolerate.

Maybe I will bring that up wtih his coach. We could get some that are just for that. We are also toying with some tumbling shoes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back