WAG Excel Gold Regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anyone know what the qualifications have to be for Excel Gold Regionals? Is it the top 3 that go or is it a score you need to attain?

Does anyone know what the qualifications have to be for Excel Gold Regionals? Is it the top 3 that go or is it a score you need to attain?
It all depends on your region...

Region 1: Qualification from State Meet... They have 6 gymnasts per State team and they have an "All Stars" competition for individual competitors.

Region 2: They are planning to have a Regional Meet, but I don't know anything about it.

Region 3: Does not have an Xcel Regional Meet as far as I can tell.

Region 4: Will have their first Xcel Regional Meet in 2015. There will not be State Team or Gym Team awards. It will only be individual awards. (Since they want a MINIMUM of 1000 gymnasts at this meet, I would say the only requirement will be to have competed in an Xcel Meet.)

Region 5: Team portion is Top 7 (all ages combined) in each state (presumably from State Meet). But they also have the individual (and gym team) competition like a regular meet.

Region 6: Top 7 in each age group at States qualify as the state team withe the 8th place in each age group forming a Mixed State Team.
Region 7: Does not have an Xcel Regional Meet yet, but may offer one in a couple years.

Region 8: Has the Team aspect (not sure how they pick, but probably similar to R6) and an "All Stars" aspect (anyone who competes Xcel/ Excel can compete).

Hope this helps.

So, Region 4 will not have an excel regionals this year?
That is what I got from the meeting minutes on the website. They are planning to do the first one in 2015.

Also, you should consider joining the Xcel Social Group on here :)
It is a good place to share information and get help with all things Xcel / Excel :)

We are in Region 8 and all dd had to do was meet a certain score. I forgot what it was last year. I think this year they are planning to up the score a little.

We are in Region 8 and all dd had to do was meet a certain score. I forgot what it was last year. I think this year they are planning to up the score a little.
I was trying to find information online... It is tougher than it should be. There should be something on each region's website about what the qualifications are for the regional meet... or at least the states should explain it on their websites, lol

Region 8 recently changed their requirements. Their Regionals for xcel was getting too large.

from Region 8 website:
To qualify to Xcel Regionals gymnasts must achieve a 34.00 AA at
State Meet. (6/20/13)
Xcel Athletes residing in a state that does not offer a Division of Xcel at
their State Meet, may qualify to Xcel Regionals by using an AA score
of 1.00 higher than the Regional Qualifying score earned twice at a
meet using 2-judge panels. A record of the earned scores must be sent
to the State Chairperson. (6/20/13)

They also have state teams comprised of the top 6 scoring gymnasts per level per state (across all age divisions, not 6 in each age group).

Region 8 recently changed their requirements. Their Regionals for xcel was getting too large.

from Region 8 website:
To qualify to Xcel Regionals gymnasts must achieve a 34.00 AA at
State Meet. (6/20/13)
Xcel Athletes residing in a state that does not offer a Division of Xcel at
their State Meet, may qualify to Xcel Regionals by using an AA score
of 1.00 higher than the Regional Qualifying score earned twice at a
meet using 2-judge panels. A record of the earned scores must be sent
to the State Chairperson. (6/20/13)

They also have state teams comprised of the top 6 scoring gymnasts per level per state (across all age divisions, not 6 in each age group).

I finally found it too :)
I am in Region 5, so I do Internet searches for the other regions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back