Parents Excel -> JO transfer

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello,

I know a similar topic has been discussed multiple times but I want to hear your opinions.
My DD is at Bronze and she’s currently 10 yrs old. She had a very strong season this year since she’s been a 1st place in every competition she joined including the state competition and her avg score is above 38.5.

Do you think it’s too late to move to JO from Excel at her age?
If not, what JO level could be good for her?
Thx for your comment!

Personally, I didn't start competing till I was 10 years old. I started as a level 4 (didn't do level 3). I don't know what level bronze would equate to but I'm going to assume it is level 2/3 skills. I don't think it is too late, if she wants to make the switch then do it! If she works hard enough she can make it to where she wants to go. Also, if she wants to switch I would not wait any longer before it might be too late.

We have quite a few girls at the gym who are 10/11 and doing Level 3. She could probably go into L3 if she has her backhand spring.

The only one who could give you an accurate answer on your dad's situation is your gym based on their own requirements and policies. Some gyms have no limits for age, others are very restrictive. Also remember that bronze is a very intro level and is not predictive of her future success. The type of skills she has is a better indicator of what level she may fit into best.

It's not too late. Inquire at the gym and see what they reccomend. She will probably be ready for Level 3 next year.
But on the other hand, don't assume Xcel isn't right for her because she is scoring high right now. I have a sister in Bronze and 38s at the end of the season are not uncommon. With short routines and easy skills scores end up pretty high. A 38.5 is very, very good however! I would do a trial day in DP and see what coaches/daughter thinks. It sounds like she will find success in either program.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back