Parents Excited about the season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm excited for the travel and to visit new places and to attend the Olympic Trials, but is it wrong I'm also excited for the season to be over? I'm not a fan of all the stress that the season brings to my house.

First year as an optional for my daughter (L7). Big step, went from a successful L5 to a struggling L7. Giants on bar are coming and sould be there for the first real meet ( begining of February). Working on bwo- bhs on beam, with fears. A little bit of trouble with vault, they change the heigh and she is still ajudsting ( tiny gymnast). we dont get to watch practice, so I'm eager to see all the new stuff on christmas demo ( tomorrow).

Haha, i will go out in a limb and say I am NOT excited! Meet season always has me full of fear and worry and dread! Will she stick or will she fall? Will she live? . Will she be sick or injured all season? LOL, I am excited though about all the wine I will have to get me through!
My kiddo is excited to compete level 8 with upgraded skills. She broke her elbow 1 meet into level 8 last year, so is not really “repeating” it this year. After some gym drama and a gym change She is most excited to be part of a large team with coaches that a super supportive and make her feel great about herself!!

This year I am most excited to see my oldest daughter's new floor routine! It is her fist year at level 10 and she is coming off of a "most entertaining" floor routine win from level 9 Easterns last season. She pours her heart and soul into floor and I am amazed every time I watch her perform!

I am equally as excited to watch my younger daughter conquer level 9 bars! She has grown so much. She is about 5' 6" now and it amazes me that bars is still her favorite event. She has definitely figured out how to make her height work to her advantage!

This year I am most excited to see my oldest daughter's new floor routine! It is her fist year at level 10 and she is coming off of a "most entertaining" floor routine win from level 9 Easterns last season. She pours her heart and soul into floor and I am amazed every time I watch her perform!

I am equally as excited to watch my younger daughter conquer level 9 bars! She has grown so much. She is about 5' 6" now and it amazes me that bars is still her favorite event. She has definitely figured out how to make her height work to her advantage!
2 girls in this sport?!? I couldn't even imagine! Best of luck to both of your girls!!!

I feel you - this will be my DD's 4th year level 10 and I still feel nervous for her. I'm not sure that feeling will ever go away.

lol

Haha, i will go out in a limb and say I am NOT excited! Meet season always has me full of fear and worry and dread! Will she stick or will she fall? Will she live? . Will she be sick or injured all season? LOL, I am excited though about all the wine I will have to get me through!
My kiddo is excited to compete level 8 with upgraded skills. She broke her elbow 1 meet into level 8 last year, so is not really “repeating” it this year. After some gym drama and a gym change She is most excited to be part of a large team with coaches that a super supportive and make her feel great about herself!!

I'm excited to watch my daughter enjoy her sport after changing gyms 9 months ago as well no longer training HOPEs. This past season felt more rushed than anything with trying to attempt HOPEs while competing L9. While some kids can handle both mine definitely couldn't and that's okay. My daughter has fallen back in love with the sport under her "new" coaches as well embraces the lower hours than the previous gym. This season for us is about having fun while traveling and not paying attention to scores/placements.

Vault might be one of my child's better events this season? Words I never thought I'd say...
Vault has always been Puma Jr’s nemesis...she‘s been working really hard and doing privates with a new coach (not just on vault but he’s helped her awkward run, as well as many other things, A LOT) so we’re hoping this will be her best vault year! I think *I* will do a back flip if (when?!) she actually finally gets that elusive 9.0 on vault.... (where’s the fingers crossed emoji?! lol) Good luck to yours!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back