Parents excited, nervous and wanted to share

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JessMom

Proud Parent
We're counting down the days to DD's first State championship. It's also her first travel meet . . which is only 1 hour away . . but since her meet is Sat night and Sun morning it was far enough to not go back and forth.

I'm so excited for her and nervous! DD is cool, collected and looking forward to painting her nails Sun night LOL

Last night at the gym she asked if she could try a further setting on bars and the coach said, after states, God bless my DD - she asked "when's that?" coach said . ." umm 3 days silly!"

She's going to compete her high bar routine for the first time. has 2 new floor routines (she's doing 2 levels) and a new beam routine with BHS. Thankfully, she's been told she'll have to wait on the BWO BHS dismount *whew*

Just wanted to share! start sending some * good luck, make the squat on, don't fall off beam * dust our way! LOL!

:D

GL to your DD. This is USAIGC right? Sounds like your DD is more than ready ...it is cute when the little ones get so excited.

Ours is next weekend and we will be in Wildwood. Big DD competing Sat 8:30am, Little monkey competing bronze at 2pm Sat, and Silver at 11 am Sun. She is also doing FX for Silver.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, It's USAIGC. She's doing all around bronze and beam and floor silver! :D

Bronze starts 5:15 pm and then silver starts 8am the next day! Thank goodness she's a bundle of energy!

Good luck to your DD! Hoping she enjoys her first time at States!

Thanks everyone!

Yes, It's USAIGC. She's doing all around bronze and beam and floor silver! :D

Bronze starts 5:15 pm and then silver starts 8am the next day! Thank goodness she's a bundle of energy!

Yuck to the 8am! My older DD has 8am on Sat so she and her friends are not going to be happy about having to go to bed early Fri nite!

Is your whole Bronze team competing the same session? We have 2 bronze sessions. Little monkey and her best buddy are in the first session and the other 7 girls are in the 2nd session b/c they are all 9 and 10 yrs old and they are in big age groups. LM is in the 6-8 group and her friend is in the 11 yr old.

Our bronzes are in two sessions. there's a 10-12 session and then everyone else. I was so relieved. I thought DD would be alone! Our Silvers are also in 2 sessions - thankfully Jess isn't alone then either. The hardest part is going to get her to bed and make all the relatives understand she has to compete the next day and can not go out to celebrate.

SSSOOOOO excited! I was so happy they seemed pumped in practice last night. jess was singing "I'm ready to compete"

Good luck!:D Let us know how it goes. I'm sure it will be great. :applause:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back