Exercises for injured gymnast on trampoline?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F4j01

Coach
Gymnast
Hello all,
So I am a trampoline coach and I have a gymnast with a broken ankle, she is coming to my class tonight to get involved with the club again, I want to let her do as much as possible however obviously she can not bounce. I have printed out a sheet of physio exercises for her to do and I am going to get her to do some back bouncing and seat bouncing both with and without the mat, and I’m going to get her doing some static exercises on the floor (sit ups, dish hold etc) and I’ll get her to do some forward rolls into dish possible even some handstands against the wall, but is there anything else I could get her to do on the trampoline? Things that require minimum height as she can only hop into moves like back landing and can’t land on her feet

Any help much appreciated!

I wouldn’t let her go on the trampoline at all, it seems like a huge liability issue. There can always be a freak accident.

Can you ask her doctor what she is allowed to do?

I wouldn’t let her go on the trampoline at all, it seems like a huge liability issue. There can always be a freak accident.

Can you ask her doctor what she is allowed to do?
I’ve been told to get her on to do conditioning by my head coach, who I’m assuming has spoken with her doctor and mum, but I’m worried about an accident too that’s why I’m not sure of anything other than back bouncing

My daughter is out with a broken ankle right now and she gets to do conditioning, but not anything on the trampoline. She’s in a boot and is limited as to what the doctor will allow her to do.

I’d double-check with the doctor :)

I would also be cautious of trampoline, even for back and (especially) seat bouncing. Maybe only very simple things that she was extremely confident with before her injury.
And a lot of conditioning : lots of abs and back obviously, arms (although I don't know if you need strong arms for trampoline, probably not), leg strenght without impact (and possibly without standing depending on how injured she is).
You can also do some shaping work and have her work on her flexibility.

I don't know how long the sessions normaly are, but I would consider letting her go early since there is no reason for her to stay in the gym for hours if all she can do is conditioning.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back