Parents Experience at any one of theses camps?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

After searching a bit and filtering drivable options I found : West Chester University, University of Maryland and West VA that offer a camp.

Does anyone have any experience with any of them?

I do not, but when I was a kid, I went to a smaller, more local gymnastics camp at UW-Whitewater. It was 5 days and we stayed in the dorms on campus. We were in super small groups and the focus was on gymnastics - we did 3 events in the morning and 2 in the afternoon (4 apparatus + dance) and then had free time which was pretty relaxed. We could swim in the pool or play some games around campus, or have some open gym time. There was usually an all camp activity like a movie or silly camp games/contests after dinner. I loved it because I was way too serious as a child and liked that it was just focused on gymnastics, not all the crazy camp experiences. It was very no frills which suited my personality. Meanwhile, my younger sister really did not enjoy it much. She followed me into gymnastics but it was never really her thing and then suddenly doing it all day long really didn't work for her.

I would try to see if the camps have a typical daily schedule to help you as well.

I do not, but when I was a kid, I went to a smaller, more local gymnastics camp at UW-Whitewater. It was 5 days and we stayed in the dorms on campus. We were in super small groups and the focus was on gymnastics - we did 3 events in the morning and 2 in the afternoon (4 apparatus + dance) and then had free time which was pretty relaxed. We could swim in the pool or play some games around campus, or have some open gym time. There was usually an all camp activity like a movie or silly camp games/contests after dinner. I loved it because I was way too serious as a child and liked that it was just focused on gymnastics, not all the crazy camp experiences. It was very no frills which suited my personality. Meanwhile, my younger sister really did not enjoy it much. She followed me into gymnastics but it was never really her thing and then suddenly doing it all day long really didn't work for her.

I would try to see if the camps have a typical daily schedule to help you as well.
Signed up for one ! No daily schedule mentioned on their website. It’s a Friday and Saturday full days with Sunday as half a day.
She is excited. Hoping as we get closer to the dates there will be more details to come.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back