Extreme nerves causing nausea

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In the run up to a competition, and especially on the day of the comp, I always get severe and anxiety, which causes me to feel really ill and often I have been sick due to this. Are there anyways to avoid this or make it better ? There is nothing to be worried about as it is only a small competition, but I still feel ill with nerves nevertheless. Any help would be appreciated :)

I can only comment about the nerves I had when I was playing rugby, I would visibly shake, I started to read a few books like " the art of mental training" plus watching a few motivational videos on YouTube, it taught me to look forward to the more positive aspects of the sport and forget the negative.
Once I felt mentally prepared, the nerves dissipated, I still had a few nerves but I think it would have been boring if I didn't feel any emotion, and it gave me the adrenalin rush that I craved. Hope this helps

I was always nervous about competing my first year. i thought it would be the end of the world if i messed up, but it wasnt. i just got used to messing up in front of a lot up people, And it got easier. No one was looking at me anyway.

Also Pink sometimes uses rescue remedy - the pastils are nice, just sucking one seems to help her calm down a bit

Our girls use essential oils. They keep them in their competition bags. You can find some for calming and nausea. That might help.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back