Parents Fairies Do Exist!!! MoJo's State Update...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

emacmommy

Our girls made an I Believe Tree this year, and got to write their short term goals, about 3 weeks out I think we did, including their goals for state on a piece of paper and place it on the I Believe Tree (christmas tree). If they make their goal by this Thu (state was just yesterday) then they get to decorate a christmas bulb at out Christas fun practice to commemorate their success.

That was a long leader, the good news is my MoJo gets to make one of those Christmas bulbs. She made her complete bar routine, FHC and all, FINALLY, and got her highest score of the season. :p Unfortuneatly the beam fairy was absent for almost all my L4 team. I think we used her up for the L3's. MoJo fell twice, SHE NEVER FALLS, and her buddy who usually is very confident in what she does... fell 3 times!!!!!!!!!:eek: We were shocked and it visibly shook her friend for her last event. So hard of a lesson to learn, how to quickly shake off your disappointments. MoJo actually did shake it off and got her highest floor score of the year too. Vault was solid, but the score was lackluster. All combined... she recieved the SAME All Around she's been getting all year. So the search for putting it all together still remains.:rolleyes: But she did achieve her goal for State. By the way, she placed 6th AA.

Now for a quick rant... her age group had 11 girls in it, not too bad. But they only placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd. Next age group up 37 girls!!!!! Placed 12 places out. Our state director somehow doesn't believe the rest of the state board, and the majority of other states nationally, that the R&P is only a guidline of MINIMUMS. If you want to break age groups further, that is the decision of the state. Grrrr.:mad: We will break him come next year!

Oh! I forgot to mention, while only one of my L4's had a full AA good meet, the team came together and scored their highest team score and placed 3rd!!! That is right where I knew they were capable if the top three hit 4 for 4 (which only one did). So the not so strongest really stepped up when our "old faithfuls" had bad events. It was really great to see and I'm proud of them all. So all in all, our L3's placed 2nd, our L4's 3rd and L5's 3rd. I only have three Level 5's so however they score, we have to count it. They didn't have he best meet ever, but it was enough and we were pleasantly surprised! MUCH IMPROVED FROM LAST YEAR!

Congrats to your DD!

It is hard when they only place out to 3rd or 5th. Really hard when the little ones can't understand why.

I really like the goal setting, My DD's gym does some goal setting but have never done a goal tree like that.. good idea!

Sounds like she did really well - congrats to her and her team for getting 3rd - that is great :)

awwwwwwwww congrats on a great bar and floor routine:)
Falls on beam are the pits:(
Congrats for the team placing 3rd too:)
That is awesome:)

Yeah MoJo !!!! Awesome job at State's !! :D

Sorry the beam fairy ran out of dust - I think she just may be very busy with all the State Meets that went on this weekend.

Congrats to your DD and the rest of your teams on a great meet! I am not sure that I could wear both mommy hat and coach hat. I love the tree idea too.

Awww, sorry on the falls, but WHAT A GREAT TIME! Your team and your dd did awesome! :D Congrats to her on her personal best on floor...

Love the goal tree idea!

Sounds like your DD and your teams did great and had a good time. Falls on beam are no fun, but I think it is one of those lessons that eventually they have to experience, so they can learn that the meet goes on and they have to try to shake it off. Some kids are better at that than others though and it can be devastating for them. :(

That is just wrong about the age groups. I think our State meet did a great job breaking them down. I think they took all girls, in birthday order, and put about XX number in each group.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back