Parents Fall State Meet Compulsory qualification with spring score?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymDad00

Proud Parent
My daughter competed 3 spring 2022 level 5 meets. Does she need to compete level 5 in the fall to qualify for states if she already qualified in all 3 20222 spring meets? Would rather focus on optionals training in fall. There was no state meet in the spring FYI, unlike during the 2021 when they had a spring state and fall state meet. (Probably pandemic related)

My daughter competed 3 spring 2022 level 5 meets. Does she need to compete level 5 in the fall to qualify for states if she already qualified in all 3 20222 spring meets? Would rather focus on optionals training in fall. There was no state meet in the spring FYI, unlike during the 2021 when they had a spring state and fall state meet. (Probably pandemic related)
I don't know the answer to this but I am following to see what others say.

My daughter competed as a level 4 and her scores were high enough to qualify her for states but our coaches are having her compete again this Fall in hopes to qualify and go to States so I assumed that the Spring score didn't qualify.

Does she need to compete level 5 in the fall to qualify for states if she already qualified in all 3 20222 spring meets?

Depends on your states qualifying rules. In my state the athlete would need to compete in the fall in order to qualify for a fall state meet. Or they would need to petition in... which in my state would not be approved.

Depends on your states qualifying rules. In my state the athlete would need to compete in the fall in order to qualify for a fall state meet. Or they would need to petition in... which in my state would not be approved.
State is CA… tried to find the rules but only found an exception for injury where you could have qualified a prior season with an exemption.

I find it odd a spring 2022 compulsory meet wouldn’t count given it’s the same year, just during a traditional optional season.

I'm a parent and not a coach. I could not find it explicitly stated on the NorCal Gymnastics website; however I think you have to compete in the Fall for Levels 3-5 based on how I am reading the competitive meet season calendar that is posted on NorCal Gymnastics Website. Each competitive season NorCal Gymnastics posts the list of meets that a gym can participate in. The competitive season is listed as Fall of year X to Spring of year (X+1) on the calendar. So for this upcoming competitive season it is listed as starting from Aug 2022 to April 2023.

I am making some large assumptions but if a competitive season is stated as Aug 2022 to April 2023 then you need to compete in that season to go to the State Meet of that season.

From my experience, compulsories usually compete in the fall and optionals compete in the winter/spring. I am sure there are reasons why a compulsory coach would have you compete in the Winter/Spring. One reason that I can think of is to use it as a mobility score.

Most likely she has to compete in the fall to qualify for state meet. It’s a different season. The season runs from Aug to May each year; that’s when changes are made to the code and that’s when the Rules and policies are implemented for each season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back