Fear and Undercutting?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hi guys! glad the site is back up! :) was sad when i saw it offline :/ ahah, anywayy.
about the only skill i need is my backhandspringi can do it perfectly with a very light spot ( like with her arm behind me, not touching.) but when shes like okay, go ahead do it by yourself i seem to get overwhelmed with fear & end up under cutting the backhandspring..we do it on the end of the trampoline onto a squishy mat with a panel mat onto of it. im usually not the one to be scared, i love trying new things new skills! idk why im so tense about the backhandspring or why im undercutting it. I Was thinking maybe its just doing it onto a squishy mat & that i'd be better off landing on the floor? because i font think i get enough height to push my self back far enough due to the squishy ness of the matt.. what do i do? D: i realllly neeed this skill. i dont know what im doing that i dont do when i have a spot, i get very tense & nervous about doing it by myself, i mean i'll do it but its rare for me to do it good without undercutting it. what do i do! D:

I used to do this too! I'd get nervous when I did it by myself and undercut. You might be undercutting because your changing your roundoff evertime you do it by yourself. Try to focus on reaching your hands really far when you do your roundoff. Thats how I finally fixed mine. You are supposed to be leaning back after your roundoff before your handspring. I would go into my handstring stand up straight because my roundoff was not stretched out. Maybe you have the same problem I did. Good luck! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back