Off Topic Feeling sorry for myself! :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

marie83

Coach
Judge
I got home from coaching last night, cleaned the kitchen and cooked dinner, then walked out of the kitchen door and something 'popped' in my hip :( straight away I was in a lot of pain - couldn't walk without holding on to something! Luckily I live in a flat and don't have any stairs to contend with unless I want to leave the house!
I had the worst nights 'sleep' - awake every hour or so. at one point I needed to take some painkillers and it took me half an hour to get out of bed! Was supposed to coach tonight but still in considerable pain so I've had the night off but tomorrow I'm supposed to be in all day - one of my girls has a comp on Sunday and I'm judging all day so I'm really hoping the pain eases!
I'm pretty sure the pain is sciatica as I've suffered for years but this is the worst bout so far.
If no better tomorrow morning I'm going to primary care!
Thanks for reading and feel free to feel sorry for me too!

Thanks Bog. It really does! My friend and head coach of the gym text me earlier. (She is suffering with her back at the mo and I'm sure we are just in sympathy with each other!) She told me she is ok as long as she is moving - I'm the opposite. I'm in the least pain when I'm sitting or lying down and not moving at all. Pretty hard for me to do!
The pain has definitely eased since last night thankfully!

Ouch! Having suffered from it off and on for years, I feel for you. Chiro always helped me. Though I've never felt a pop before. Hope you feel better soon.

Bugger, you're not the only one, I dropped PF at the gym tonight and was contorting myself to try and release the nerve in reception. Hope it eases soon, and I agree manipulation helps

Update:
Went to primary care Saturday morning. It is sciatica and am now on 3 kinds of pain killer. They did nothing for me all day Saturday but Sunday they kicked in nicely. Luckily we were able to get a replacement judge for the comp so I have been able to rest all weekend.
Downside is I've had next to no sleep due to the pain. Last night I slept on the sofa as I thought it a) more considerate to the other half and b) slightly easier to get off! I was wrong! Still woke up in agony after the little sleep I did get and still couldn't really manoeuvre myself to get up!
It's currently 1.25am and I'm not asleep (obviously) so just hoping the diazepam kicks in soon and puts me to sleep!
Feeling less sorry for myself on the whole though, but maybe that's the drugs too?!

Oh that is not fun at all. I had hoped you would be back to normal today. Drugs help the pain but they do mess with your whole system.

Thought I'd do an update...
It's taken until today for me to feel 99% better (reluctant to say 100% just yet!). I went back to coaching last Thursday but didn't do any supporting until today and so far I feel ok!
Thanks for all your well wishes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm all fixed now!

You have all my sympathy! I woke up last week with my back out and struggled through the week. Pulled out of judging on the weekend (feeling terribly guilty) as I didn't think I'd cope the way my back was. I thought it would come right but it hasn't so I'm off to see my chiropractor tomorrow morning. Luckily my pain has mostly been mild to moderate, your situation sounds a lot worse, you poor thing!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back