WAG Feet together in Gymnastics stance

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

They say to put feet together in gymnastics stance, before doing eg: Back Handspring or Backtuck. I currently weight lift 300lb Leg Squats. So when my feet are together, my legs and thighs are always touching/pressed together from Leg muscle size increase. Unfortunately, weightlifting can make things harder in certain situations :). Is it okay to separate the feet together little bit, so left and rights legs aren't touching? Or is this pretty common for gymnast and I should get used to it?

They say to put feet together in gymnastics stance, before doing eg: Back Handspring or Backtuck. I currently weight lift 300lb Leg Squats. So when my feet are together, my legs and thighs are always touching/pressed together from Leg muscle size increase. Unfortunately, weightlifting can make things harder in certain situations :). Is it okay to separate the feet together little bit, so left and rights legs aren't touching? Or is this pretty common for gymnast and I should get used to it?
I think you explained yourself well. I’m removing the Youtube video because CB does not support monetized videos that are not related to our sponsor.

I’m confused, why wouldn’t your thighs/legs touch together? Many gymnasts have muscular legs, especially the older girls. Feet go together though

I’m confused, why wouldn’t your thighs/legs touch together? Many gymnasts have muscular legs, especially the older girls. Feet go together though
I don't know, I am asking the question, it feels uncomfortable when legs and thighs are tight compacted and rubbing together, it can actually constrain movement, hopefully coach on this forum responds, thanks

Yes it's fine to separate your feet slightly if you are unable to comfortably put them together due to the size of your thigh muscles.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back