Female question??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know theres a good amount of threads about what to wear under your leo when you're on your period..but what about (ughh i hate these words) feminine discharge? I'm the only one at my gym who wears underwear and shorts. Everyone else doesn't wear underwear; but i'm also the oldest one there.
I'd rather not spend money on special underwear for gymnastics. Could I just wear a thin liner on my leo? I'm just afraid it would get loose or something from sweating and movement.
Any suggestions would be helpful :]

Whatever you do for your period would work. Shorts are such a great thing! The older girls in our gym do wear underwear, not special underwear.

Shorts are good because you can wear normal underwear as it doesn't hang out!

female stuff...

Hello! My daughter just got her period, and is very upset regarding what to use during "that time of the month" at the gym and at meets. I have no idea what to tell her - tampons, anyone? She's 13 - does anyone have any suggestions?:confused:

Hello! My daughter just got her period, and is very upset regarding what to use during "that time of the month" at the gym and at meets. I have no idea what to tell her - tampons, anyone? She's 13 - does anyone have any suggestions?:confused:

personally i would introduce her to tampons. it just makes things so much easier!
i tried wearing pads to gym when i first got my period but it just did not work out.

I agree with what has already been said. When you're on your period (or just dealing with feminine discharge), anything that is comfortable with you is ok. However, getting comfortable without shorts while you are on your period (or dealing with discharge) is not a bad thing to do ahead of time. The last thing you want to do is to be self conscious while at a meet - that will only add unnecessary anxiety. Every girl gymnast either has gone through this, or will at some point - so you're not alone in feeling awkward.

Also, you do not have to have "special" underwear to wear under a comp. leo. You can go to any store that sells panties (Target, Wal-Mart) and buy cheap underwear that is "nude" or black in color (depending on what color your leo is). That way you can wear a pad on it if you are not familiar or uncomfortable wearing tampons.
:) Good luck. Just remember - its a girl thing. It sucks, I understand. But it is really just about getting comfortable with the situation.

On the rare occasions that I do get my monthly (or 6 monthly lol) I use a pad that sticks to the underwear (tampons freak me out). It's less likely to move around and cause unwanted bathroom trips. :rolleyes:

I started my period in March, and i am 14. But i couldn't use tampons until July :p So at gym I would wear a underwear with a pad, and shorts of course. I finally learned to use tampons (which took me FOREVER) when we had to go to the beach. And luckly, when i had a meet in August, i wasn't on my period, but i still wore underwear (GK brand). One girl at my gym was on her period during a meet and she was reallys scared to use a tampon. What she did was she wore underwear and just a liner (so you couldn't tell under the leo) and went to the bathroom and changed it after every rotation! haha. And luckly, our leo's are black. Hope this helps!

personally i would introduce her to tampons. it just makes things so much easier!
i tried wearing pads to gym when i first got my period but it just did not work out.

Same. I tried pads with shorts, and my coach pulled me aside and told me to, ahem, "plug up and shut up". I was so embarrassed! Haha. They are MUCH easier to deal with.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back