Parents FHS Vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So you get deductions on how close your are to the mat or table for Front Handapring on vault?
Or skills for that matter I guess? Is there a “distance” requirement?

There is a distance deduction on where you land after completion
So naturally if your hands are closer to the side of the runway on the table/mat, you will land closer to the vault table, which may result in a deduction..

There is a distance deduction and a height deduction and a, as the judge put it at the last meet "lack of power" deduction. They are all "up to" deductions.

my daughters vault scores improved by 0.8 just by running harder. The form hasn't changed but she has more height, distance, and "power".

Here is a nice front handspring vault. Most do not have this type of vault power in WAG... that is why we see so many Yurchenkos...

There is a distance deduction and a height deduction and a, as the judge put it at the last meet "lack of power" deduction. They are all "up to" deductions.

my daughters vault scores improved by 0.8 just by running harder. The form hasn't changed but she has more height, distance, and "power".
Did I understand correctly that demonstrating more powerful performance will give more points?

Did I understand correctly that demonstrating more powerful performance will give more points?
I *think* it's that you need a lot of power to get the height that will give you time to get a good block, make those perfect shapes, then get into place to make a perfect landing.
Without power, you have to rush to get your arms under you, pop, then land.
Coaches may jump in to correct me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back