Final 5 return??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Serenity28

Proud Parent
who is likely to return from this group? Obviously Aly and Gabby will retire, but what about the rest? Or will the name final 5 doom the other 3 into retirement

Simone's coach has said she suspects Simone will be back after some time off to be a "normal human."

I thought I remember her commenting that she was going to be done after this Olympics and let the younger girls get their shot (or maybe that was Al T. saying that she told him that in an interview). Hmmmm - if that's coming from her coach though, maybe she's changed her mind.

I found the Tweet where Aimee Boorman was asked Simone's plans. She "might" be back. I guess it was my wishful thinking earlier when I said her coach "suspects" Simone will be back.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 10.15.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 10.15.02 PM.png
    99 KB · Views: 115
Or will the name final 5 doom the other 3 into retirement

The "Final Five" name is a reference to the fact that they are the last Olympic team of five gymnasts before the format change in Tokyo 2020. It has nothing to do with retirements.

I want Aly to become the Oksana Chusivitina of the US, but that's not going to happen. :(

That won't happen in the US because there is too much talent in the US. It is not the country that will have Olympic gymnasts in their 40's because they would have to beat out so much talent to get there.

The "Final Five" name is a reference to the fact that they are the last Olympic team of five gymnasts before the format change in Tokyo 2020. It has nothing to do with retirements.
I thought is was in reference to Marta's last Olympic team

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back