Parents Finally Front Hip Circle!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

billise

Proud Parent
So excited I just had to share with people who would understand... DD (age 6, level 3) finally got that elusive FHC! I had heard horror stories about the mill circle but DD managed to that skill in about 3 weeks. The stories I heard about the FHC didn't seem nearly as bad so I figured she'd pick it up in no time. Well, 3 months after being introduced to it she had yet to complete one, then out of the blue she she effortlessly rattles off 5 in a row! It's like something just clicked and there it was! :)

yay!!! I had never even heard that the FHC was an issue. All I had heard about was the mill circle. 9 yo DD got the mill circle; but could NOT get that darn FHC. It finally clicked a few weeks ago and she was so excited! Since the day she got it, I don't think she has missed them at all, hopefully it will be the same for your DD. :)

Domalley, I'm sending good vibes your way! Believing yours will get it real soon and hoping mine can keep it :)

Hurray for her!! My DD also got the mill fairly quickly. Has done the fhc twice in practice after practicing for 2 weeks. She needs it consistently in 2 weeks though....

Good for her!!! That one was a little hard for my DD as well. So exciting when they get a skill they have been working so hard on!

Congrats...it seems that every gymnast has that one thing that just takes them a bit of time to get. Well done.

Congrats to your DD on the FHC.
Younger gymmie took 2 years to finally get the FHC. Her first EVER on her own was in warm ups for our district meet. She did 2 of them in warm ups. Coach said they would compete her ASAP... but had to get back to her bar setting. She MISSED it in actual competition and was madder than i have EVER seen her before. She was so mad that she went out on beam and got her first ever NO FALL and improved her personal best by 2.0. She hasn't missed a FHC in competition since (Last chance qualifier and Nationals) and rarely misses in practice.

She still needs the elusive mill circle fairy to visit though :) It's that darn wrist shift - she forgets to do it every time!

My level 3 is also struggling with the FHC. She has the mill down. I haven't seen any of the level 3 girls do it and only a few of the level 4 can do it though.

She still needs the elusive mill circle fairy to visit though :) It's that darn wrist shift - she forgets to do it every time![/quote]

My L2 has this EXACT issue!!!

Congrats! :)
I also never knew the FHC would be such a showstopper! It looks so easy when they do it on the youtube. LOL
DD got her mill circle at the last practice before we went away for the vacation. Missed 4 practices, just got back yesterday. Going it today, hope she's still got it! :)

IreneKa, it's funny you mention disappearing skills. After I wrote the original post my DD had a great practice complete with great FHC's then, just as magically as the FHC appeared, it disappeared and she couldn't do a single one at her last practice :) Good luck to your DD. Hopefully she still has it but if not I'm sure it will be back in no time!

Yay, she's still got it! :) Did 3 mill circles in a row today all by herself!
Now, if she could only get those FHCs!
billise, probably was an off day for your DD, I'm sure she'll get it back at the next practice. ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back