Finding a T&T gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Akl597

Proud Parent
Hello - my 10 year old daughter is currently a Level 7 JO gymnast. A couple weeks ago she started talking about quitting gymnastics or switching to Xcel. I'm not entirely sure where this is coming from since she seems to enjoy being in the gym and is still excited about learning new skills. She's agreed to finish out the season which runs through the end of March and then is adamant that she will be done. I would be completely fine if there were other things she wanted to do, but gymnastics is really her first and only love. So, I'm trying to think of other things she might like (she cannot just sit at home, I want her to do at least one activity) and I thought T&T might be something fun. Although bars and beam seem to be her best events, she says floor is currently her favorite and she loves to jump on the tramp. In fact, she often stays after her 4.5 hour practices to jump.

My question is - how do you find T&T gyms? Our gym does not have a team, but I know there are at least some local gyms that do. When I go on the USAG site to search for gyms they just give general list. Also, is there a site like mymeetscores where you can see team and individual results? Thanks!

I wanted to pop in and say hi. My daughter was training level 8 and moved from artistic gymnastics to T&T this fall and seems to really love it.

I dont have any advice on how to find gyms. We knew a couple girls who were on the T&T team so my daughter hopped on over and tried a class and signed up directly after.

I did do some googling to find gyms in our area, the one my daughter choose seemed as good as any!

Good luck!

These three don't seem far from Minneapolis (By CA standards mind you) and all seem to have teams. Region 4 T&T has a FB page, but not a whole lot of info that I can tell. IF nothing else, a coach at one of these gyms could point you in the right direction! My daughter did 2 years of T&T and loved it.

I wanted to pop in and say hi. My daughter was training level 8 and moved from artistic gymnastics to T&T this fall and seems to really love it.

I dont have any advice on how to find gyms. We knew a couple girls who were on the T&T team so my daughter hopped on over and tried a class and signed up directly after.

I did do some googling to find gyms in our area, the one my daughter choose seemed as good as any!

Good luck!
That is awesome! It does look amazingly fun. What levels did she transfer into? Just curious where my daughter might end up. I actually haven't mentioned anything to her yet because we're holding out hope that she will change her mind by the end of the season, but the idea of less training hours sounds pretty good to me!

She went into level 7s in all 3 events and will be plenty ready for 8 in all three next year of she feels comfortable. She switched to T&T in early Oct and has had 4 meets now. The first two were really rocky as she was learning the new way of flipping. But the last two meets have been very successful for her.

She left a very intense, high hours, artistic gymnastics environment. Her new gym is very relaxed and fun driven. Her T&T gym practices 6 to 8 hours a week. She also always loved the trampoline in the gym. All the girls and guys have time to do multiple sports, and a traditional day of school, and clubs, and hang with friends. I was sceptical as first if she would get used to the transition but it is a great way for my daughter to stay active and still do something she loves, which is be upside down.

She went into level 7s in all 3 events and will be plenty ready for 8 in all three next year of she feels comfortable. She switched to T&T in early Oct and has had 4 meets now. The first two were really rocky as she was learning the new way of flipping. But the last two meets have been very successful for her.

She left a very intense, high hours, artistic gymnastics environment. Her new gym is very relaxed and fun driven. Her T&T gym practices 6 to 8 hours a week. She also always loved the trampoline in the gym. All the girls and guys have time to do multiple sports, and a traditional day of school, and clubs, and hang with friends. I was sceptical as first if she would get used to the transition but it is a great way for my daughter to stay active and still do something she loves, which is be upside down.
How wonderful for her! I wouldn't say our gym is very intense, but I think JO in general is high hours and more on the intense side. Her coach says she can drop a day or leave early, but she's not interested in that. We're all still holding out hope that she will change her mind, but the lower hours and less stress does sound good to me. Nice to know there are other (fun!) options that could keep her in the sport!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back