NCAA First-ever National TV NCAA Meet This Sunday Florida vs Alabama (2PM CST On ABC)

Parents... Coaches... Gymnasts...
Gymnastics Questions?
Don't Lurk... We've Got Answers!

New For 2022
MEMBERS ONLY Parent Group!
Join for FREE!
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBS

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin

Talk About Florida vs. Alabama Today!

alabamavsflorida.jpg

Talk today at 2PM right here in this thread!

Last edited:

gymgal

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Wasn't that national championship on broadcast TV last year?

jillc

Proud Parent
Apr 1, 2016
Yes. Copied from an article
This will be the first regular-season meet ever shown on ABC, as well as the first college dual meet to be shown on broadcast television.

ABC's only previous broadcast of college gymnastics was the 2021 NCAA championships.

ldw4mlo

Proud Parent
Feb 13, 2015
We have NCAA channels on our TV provider service. We watch lots of gymnastic, diving, lacrosse and so on.

gym_dad32608

Proud Parent
Aug 7, 2018
The O'Dome is sold out, students are camping out. Tickets are being sold for $100 each, really great to see the interest grow. Only positive things for these great athletes and all the countless hours they have committed to sport.

JBS

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin
The O'Dome is sold out, students are camping out. Tickets are being sold for $100 each, really great to see the interest grow. Only positive things for these great athletes and all the countless hours they have committed to sport.

Yes... this is great... hopefully we can really push gymnastics into this position more often!

gymgal

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Well, so much for national broadcast - it was completely preempted by local news due to an ice storm we are having, which really is just a rain event right now... I suppose it could have been on an alternate station but I had it programmed to record on the main station. oh well...

JBS

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin
Well, so much for national broadcast - it was completely preempted by local news due to an ice storm we are having, which really is just a rain event right now... I suppose it could have been on an alternate station but I had it programmed to record on the main station. oh well...

That's too bad... we got the whole thing here.

txgymfan

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Fan
Sep 4, 2008
Houston
Great meet! I’m so sorry it got preempted, ice skating nationals was preempted for me last week and it was frustrating but people need to know about potentially severe weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.