First High School Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymbabisMom

Parent/Coach
First meet is this Saturday. I hope she does well. We're hoping to squeeze in a private this week, she's still struggling with her giant.

Thanks for all the good wishes, they worked!

8.5 on Vault (out of an 8.6 start value) for 2nd place
8.7 on Bars for 1st place
8.6 on Beam for 2nd place
9.05 on floor (high score for the meet) for 1st place
34.85 AA 1st place

It was a lot of fun, much more relaxed than USAG, if anyone ever has the opportunity to do High school gymnastics, go for it!:D

~*~*~*WAY TO GO GYMBABI*~*~*~ Congratulations on the great meet!

Did she manage to get the extra private in before the meet? 1st on bars, I guess she's not struggling too much;)

Canadian gym mom

Actually, we didn't manage to get a private in. She would have been more confident with it. Her coach told her on friday that she needed to do her giants for the meet, basically made her do it andit worked. The first half of her routine was really good. She stopped at the top to do her cast to handstand and the first giant was with bent knees but the next two were better. She's so close. I think it's good to do these high school meets, so she can get up the confidence for the usag meet season to come.

AWESOME! I'm glad to hear it went well. Here, highschool is a winter sport and you can't do it and club at the same time, so I'm sticking with the Y. OCngrats once again to gymbabi!

Second high school meet results

Gymbabi did it again,
1st on bars 9.0
1St on Floor 9.0
1st on Beam 9.2
3rd on Vault 8.5
1st all around 35.7

~!~!~!HURRAY GYMBABI!~!~!~

Sounds as though high school gym is a great fit for her! She must be a fantastic gymnast:)

Sometime when you're not busy you'll have to fill us in on the differences between high school and club gymnastics. My dd's only in grade 3, so no hurry:D

Canadian gym mom

Great Work!

Make sure high school gymnastics never dies in your area. All of the high schools in our area have dropped all gymnastics. High school sports are one of my greatest memories. Keep up the great work gymbabi!

Our highschool gym program is almost dead. We have a combined team w/the two other highschools in the district. I don't compete, though because I would n't be able to compete ymca and be w/ everyone I've known for ever.

Some schools don't even consider gymnastics a sport? Our school doesn't have a team either, but we were able to get them to allow her to compete for her school but with another school in the county. Does that make sense? So she is a team of 1. Hubby and I are really thrilled with how she is doing tho, and hope the success will help her confidence when it comes to USAG meets this spring.

gymbabisMom said:
Some schools don't even consider gymnastics a sport? Our school doesn't have a team either, but we were able to get them to allow her to compete for her school but with another school in the county. Does that make sense? So she is a team of 1. Hubby and I are really thrilled with how she is doing tho, and hope the success will help her confidence when it comes to USAG meets this spring.

Wow! I din't even know situations like that could exist.

I also wish school gymnastics was alive where I live.. It isn't and you can either do gymnastics through a gym like my dd is doing, or through a local club like a rec center or something..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back