First L4 Meet this coming up this Saturday

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deanna

Moderator/Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Well Kadee has her first L4 meet this coming saturday. She never let it get to her last year as an L2. But this year, she is getting a little bit nervous. not because she is afraid of the skills themselves but she is afraid of letting her coaches and team down. She is still struggling on a couple of skills. She just took her ROBHS to the spring floor a couple weeks ago. (had been tumble trak, then 4 inch panel, then 1 inch panel). So her body is there..but sometimes her mind says.."NOPE"..lol. And she ALWAYS falls back on her shoot through. She doesnt want to let anyone down. Everyone has told her she is 6 yrs old. And is doing very well for her age and level. If she didnt deserve to be a L4 she wouldnt be one. I think she just needs to get that first meet under her belt and see that ALOT of the girls in her age group are having the same problems. Other than all that she is very excited..she loves competitions and scores really dont matter to her. Its just the age deal..at 6, she very much wants to please everyone.
So everyone just send those fairies her way..that it will be okay if she messes up..and no one is going to be let down by her if she doesnt do well.
My main concern is just that she has fun and does the best she can for that day. (and we all know your best one day..may not be your best the next).
I hope that all the girls from all the teams (close to 500 girls) stay safe..and humble.

wow...500 girls! Nothing like starting at a huge meet! Good luck to Kadee...she will be fine. Good luck to mama, too. Sending fairies to stay calm :D

Thank you everyone. Its just a normal meet. First one of their season..(host gym). Most the meets in our state are pretty big. I think because there is not really a large pool to pick meets from..so all gyms pretty much show up at the meets in the state..lol. Its just short of 500 (485 give or take 5). It spans 3 days and 7 sessions. I think the L4s is the biggest group. They have them split up into two sessions. She will be in the youngest age group in her session. (which last year they had like 8-10 in her age). So she wont have that many she is actually competing against..but the place will be packed with the other age groups. She just tries to compare herself to the older L4s on her team..or even a couple of the younger ones who are repeating. And she just cant do that. But, she does. She is the baby of the group..so once she gets there and sees that other girls her age in other gyms are having the same issues, she will relax. Again thank you all. Im sure she will do fine. It's just that 6 year old heart of hers making her feel like she has to do well so others will be happy.

Aw, sending the "don't be so hard on yourself" fairies along with the good luck fairies to Kadee! I hope she has a fantastic time this weekend! And as we have spoken about before, she will see that some of the other girls are struggling on the same skills (my DD included, too bad we don't live in the same state!) and hopefully that will ease her feelings of letting anyone down. Let us know how it goes! And breathe, Mama, breathe! ;) I will be a wreck again this weekend, no doubt! LOL

Good luck to Kadee!!! I think she will be just fine and will tell you after the meet how much fun it was:)
I wish you good luck as well, and although your heart will be jumping out of your chest when she is the next in line to go, try to enjoy it.:)

Good luck to Kadee! My dd has loved all of her meets, regardless of how well she performed.

Sending lots of good luck and confidence fairies to Kadee! Her coaches obviously have confidence in her and her skills if they've chosen to have her compete, and it sounds like they are doing a great job of just encouraging her to do her best. Here's to hoping she is able to relax and have a great time!

Thank you everyone. We are heading out in about 2 1/2 hrs for her meet. She is so excited she cant sit still. She is driving me bananas..lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News