Parents First Level 4 Meet Results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmomntc2e6 L4 meet results!!!

~*~*~GOOD LUCK~*~*~ to your little girl tomorrow!!! My finger are crossed that all the fairies you need arrive on time, and your daughter has the best meet ever!

Good luck to all the other girls competing this weekend too...Mariposa?? Your daughter is strutting her stuff as well, right?

I'm excited for the meet updates:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Update : Sorta

Thanks CGM,
I think the fairies got lost. I'll update with scores tomorrow, I think they are still in the car. After a bout of food poisoning (me) and a blown tire on the way home I just aNt to go to bed!!!!!

She was real loose and finished 6th AA out of 6. She did take 2nd on bars and 3rd on beam ( or maybe the other way around) and qualified for States. 34 sometimg AA

Thanks again and I'll update tomorrow.

sound like a trying day. I hope you feel better..

34 AA is not a bad score at all. Competition must have been pretty good. We look forward to seeing the update tomorrow.. Get some rest

Sean

That is a great first level 4 meet score!!! Abby is on her 10th meet and just got her first 34 in L4, LOL. Hope you feel better, food poisoning is no fun. Look forward to the meet report. :)

Oh you poor thing, that must've been a very long day. Hope you feel much better tomorrow. Glad she qualified to States and placed on some events.

Big hugs to you. What a terrible ordeal.

As for your little girl, CONGRATULATIONS!! 34 AA and 2nd and 3rd place on events??? Wonderful!!! She should be very proud of herself! I hope you got video:)

Better Meet Update

Ok, now I am a little more rested !!

We loved Savannah, it is beautiful and cannot wait to go back !! I could have done without the food poisoning ( Friday night, sorry if my op seemed as if I had that for the drive home). By late Saturday night I was much better and able to enjoy dinner at The Crab Shack on Tybee Island. Yum.

I am feeling a little better about how DD did, some sleep helped ! I think the scoring was pretty hard on some events, but she was loose and bendy and got herself 10thed to death I think. It would not have bothered me if she had not been tight in practice all week ! Go figure, but she was nervous.

Anyway, it turns out she was 6th out of 9 - not 6 like I thought. This is the first meet I went to where they did not medal all the way out in AA. I assumed that they had and she was last. Here are her scores:

Vault 8.550 8th Place
Bars. 8.875 2nd Place
Beam. 8.350 3rd Place
Floor. 8.500 7th Place

AA. 34.275. 5th Place

They only medaled out 5 places on each event & AA

I still think she did a fabulous job. I love it when they can leave with a medal around their neck!

It's the very beginning of the season, the scores will climb. With over 34 so soon, I'm pretty confident that by the end you'll be seeing 36s.

Our meets have always medalled to 3rd, and then ribbons to 8th. Regardless of the number of competitors.

Video to follow???

I still think she did a fabulous job. I love it when they can leave with a medal around their neck!

Video to follow???

Thanks again CGM. I will try to get the video up. We are having trouble getting than from the camera to the computer ( not recognizing it or something) and ones I have done before come out real small when I upload - I suck at that stuff : )

I'm re-learning everytime, when it comes to the video stuff. My results change in spite of using the same camera, so I hear you on that.

You should write a separate post to share your meet results. Not many people will read this, and your daughter deserves some recognition for her hard work!

DD had her first L4 meet this past weekend. She did pretty good. She was pretty loose and lost a bit of points for that. It was our first out of State meet as well. She was pretty nervous.

There were 9 girls in her age group:

Vault.......... 8.550; 8th place
Bars........... 8.875; 2nd place
Beam......... 8.325; 3rd place
Floor.......... 8.500; 7th place

AA............. 34.275; 6th place

Merged the threads as it could get confusing. She did so well. Glad the cold light of day is better.

In groups of under 8 here they only place 1-3. In 8 and over they place 1-3 with medals and 4-8 with ribbons.

Wow, well I think that all 8s and a 34 AA is fantastic for a first L4 meet!! Congrats to your dd! She did great!

I did video - if I can figure out how to get it off the camera, onto the computer and uploaded big enough to see I will do so.

I think the hard part for her was seeing two of her teammates get 36 & 37 AA in their first meet. She would be right there with them if she could just stay tight.

What a great job she did in her first L4 meet! Those are really rock solid scores that I am sure she will continue to build on every meet. My dd has her first L4 meet this w/e and we are really excited. Your dd should be very proud of herself, she really did awesome!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back