First Level 6 meet...It was a disaster

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I was supposed to compete yesterday at the Atlantis Crown Invitational but was kept out due to my knee. I went there to support my teamates and well...it was a disaster. Their usual coach was not present due to personal reasons and she will have siamese cows when she sees these scores.

SB- UB:5.4 BB:7.5 FX: 8.0 VT 8.0

On floor, the head coach sent her to the wrong corner to begin her floor routine causing her to become confused at the end for the tumbling pass, she managed an 8.0 but after she ran off the floor she just cried her little heart out. :(

On Vault...not her best but considering her breakdown...kinda good.

On beam...little wobbles here and there but she stuck everything so 7.5 is pretty fair I guess looking from a technical perspective.

On bars...this was just a disaster! I know where she went wrong. Those casts didn't make it above horizontal and she didnt connect the cast squat on. On the high bar, she didn't connect her long hang kip to the cast baby giant. But we weren't expecting a 5.4, we were expecting atleast a 7.

But what can I say, i'm not a judge but merely a spectator/gymnast. Her next meet is in January and I hope all goes well. I should be up and running in January! Stupid knee injury :(

What's your opinion of this turnout for her first level 6 meet?

1st level 6 meet...Yikes!

So I was supposed to compete yesterday at the Atlantis Crown Invitational but was kept out due to my knee. I went there to support my teamates and well...it was a disaster. Their usual coach was not present due to personal reasons and she will have siamese cows when she sees those scores.

SB- UB:5.4 BB:7.5 FX: 8.0 VT 8.0

On floor, the head coach sent her to the wrong corner to begin her floor routine causing her to become confused at the end for the tumbling pass, she managed an 8.0 but after she ran off the floor she just cried her little heart out. :(

On Vault...not her best but considering her breakdown...kinda good.

On beam...little wobbles here and there but she stuck everything so 7.5 is pretty fair I guess looking from a technical perspective.

On bars...this was just a disaster! I know where she went wrong. Those casts didn't make it above horizontal and she didnt connect the cast squat on. On the high bar, she didn't connect her long hang kip to the cast baby giant. But we weren't expecting a 5.4, we were expecting atleast a 7. 

But what can I say, i'm not a judge but merely a spectator/gymnast. Her next meet is in January and I hope all goes well. I should be up and running in January! Stupid knee injury :(

What are your opinions?

I think how the events went is actually more important than the scores. And I've seen some low bar scores at L6, in fact some lower than your teammate's. Everything you mention that went wrong is definitely fixable!

I hope your knee heals soon and that you and your teammate have a great time doing strong routines together at your next meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back