Parents First Level 7 Meet(from the "Good Luck" forum)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She had fun and her scores were OK, top thrill of the day...she got to meet, talk to and get a hug from Jonathan Horton....after that I think the meet was the second thing on her mind. lol.

Her scores:

Vault- 9.35- 5th
Bars- 7.70- still those bars but her routine looked better
Beam- 8.7 6th place
Floor- 8.6- no place

AA-34.35...missed states by .15

There was some drama, she was visibly upset after floor. I thought she looked beautiful, but apparently she rolled her ankle after her round off, and left out her flipflop in her round off/flipflop/back tuck. I was so enjoying watching her I didn't even notice. My normally very calm daughter was in tears after the meet, it took a while to reassure her how proud we were of her. Remember this was her first meet, after two weeks of practice on routines, I'm sure things will get better. Videos will be posted tonight.

Finally had a chance to upload the videos, sorry about the quality, I had some problems at the end of last season thought it was me, looks like it might have been the camera, I was definately close enough that they should have been clear. Looks like I will be shopping before January, lol.

Our next meet will be Twistars, which is always a really tough meet for our 6-7-8 team. The 9-10's usually do well but there are some great teams there. This is our only travel meet this year, who wouldn't love Lansing in January? Oh well the girls love the mall.

Great job, Cate! She should be proud! I thought her tumbling looked great!:)

I think she did great. I am sure she will improve as the season goes by. How exciting to meet Jonathan Horton!! Hopefully that memory will be bigger than any disappointment.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back