MAG First Meet...again...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Alright, here we go! He is cleared to compete, is flipping vaults, and doing everything. He was all set to compete on Saturday night at 5:30. Rough trip (3+hours in the mountains) so we had planned to go up tomorrow and stay thru SUnday.

And thank goodness we did! HC found out last night that the meet is now at 9:30AM! They combined all sessions into one...seriously...levels 5-10 in one session. So, more of a practice meet I owuld think for the optionals, but I guess we will see when we get there. It wil be tough, as we won't get there until 9 or so tomorrow night, but I think he will be ok :) Whew...

I hope he has a great day and it's lots of fun for him! So he's doing all six events??! Wow, what a change from what you were thinking a week ago!

USually yes, he would get to go snowboarding. But with the leg we are not....well, the leg and the cost of hte lift tickets. While he would be free, the other 2 would cost over $200. So we are skipping skiing this trip.

Good luck and have fun. Is this his first optional meet? Sounds exciting. Although I know it gets scarier as a parent when they're doing bigger skills.

This is his first optional meet, since he missed the one last week. He is excited. Sad that he had to take out some of his skills, but hopefully they will be back before texas :)

In the books! He has a lot to work on, but did well. It was a really small meet...really small. He ended up placing 1st on floor and pommel, 2nd on high bar, 3rd on rings and pbars and 1st all around. His team cam in 1st too.

But..lots of work to do before the big meets..hopefully he is psyched now!

In the books! He has a lot to work on, but did well. It was a really small meet...really small. He ended up placing 1st on floor and pommel, 2nd on high bar, 3rd on rings and pbars and 1st all around. His team cam in 1st too.

But..lots of work to do before the big meets..hopefully he is psyched now!
Nice to have a smaller meet to start. Glad he had a good start to his season and knows what he needs to work on moving forward.

That's excellent! I wish, wish we could have a small meet or two.

So he must not have been able to muster the six falls, LOL! Second on hi bar -- that is freaking awesome. (Everything else is too, but a rather different story than his first meet last year.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back