First Meet Ever Tomorrow :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Danica76

Proud Parent
DD has her first meet ever tomorrow (L4). If you could throw some good luck her way, it'd be much appreciated. She is SO nervous! (And so is Mom, but trying not to let it show!:cool:) Thanks and good luck to any DD/DS's competing this weekend!

Sending her the good luck fairies. Try to find a way to celebrate the meet no matter how well she does, even high fives and lots of hugs to show how proud you are that she went out and showed her stuff.

Thanks, ladies :)

Bog - we are going out for dinner after, no matter what happens, to celebrate her hard work and courage. I think every gymnast is incredibly brave to go out there and defy gravity in front of tons of people. I am about to cry right now, just thinking about how proud I am of her for being such a little kid and working so hard at something she enjoys so much. God knows I will be blubbering if she ever wins a medal! LOL ;)

MaryA - Hopefully I will be A.) close enough to shoot video from my phone (which might be a possibility, as this is a rather small meet) and B.) behaving normally enough to remember! I wouldn't put myself in the CGM category, but I think I will have to remind myself to breathe and recite one of my favorite mantras: "it's only gymnastics and she's only 7 years old."

In the grand scheme of things, tomorrow is just another day in her life, albeit and important one. Planning on doing everything I can to make it a fun, exciting and positive memory for her.

Good luck! Oh, the nerves. Our first meet ever is about a month out and I am already nervous. Can't imagine what the day before will be like, I feel for you. I think I might be more nervous that she is, in fact I'm sure of it. :) I'm sure your dd will do so great. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Maryn's mom--you nailed it in saying you wanted this to be fun for dd. Lots of good luck wishes to her and "you will survive" wishes to you.

Good luck to you both! After making it through 4 years of competition, I'm not sure it's gets any easier (for either of us). Try to have fun yourself though -- and take lots of video (I really wished I had more video from the early years so we could see the growth)! There's something kind of magical about the wide-eyed innocence of the early competition years.

Good luck to your DD. At 7 it should be all about FUN! I loved watching my little DD and her cute little level 4 team. They were SO cute and so excited. My goal at the next meet is to get more pictures of her and her team...truly precious stuff! Anyway, I know no matter how she scores I am sure you will make her feel like a superstar!!! You are right, all gymnasts are amazing for getting out there and doing their thing! Try to breathe and enjoy yourself...if DD keeps on in gym this will be the first of many and you want to be able to have a little fun along with the nerves. :) Let us know how it goes!

Aww. Good luck to your DD. Im sure she will do just fine. And I bet Momma is SOOOO much more nervous than she is. And you are right..no matter what level or age..it really says something about the personality to be able to get out in front of all those people..all alone. That in itself is such a big deal. And you are also right. It is all about the fun. Medal or no medal..if she didnt have fun..it wasnt a good meet. I always tell Kadee..have fun, do your best..I love you (smooches on the head..smack on the hiney..and hand her off to her coach). She will do just fine Momma..and so will you. Although it will take days..weeks..years even to get that song out of your head that will play..over and over and over again..during the whole meet...lol
Keep us posted on how she does. We would love to see any videos of photos you take.

How exciting:). Hope all goes well today and you both enjoy the meet. Reading you post I recall dds 1st L4 meet, I didn't know about gelling her hair and by the end of the meet it was a mess lol. During awards the girls were so excited about what was in the goodie bag that the medals were an added bonus lol. Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Good luck today! My dd's first meet was just over a year ago (she, too was a 7yo L4). Lots of fun, lots of great memories...tears because of how proud you are...all of that is something I won't ever forget and neither will she. Enjoy your day...and don't forget the aspirin for the stress headache you will inevitably develop....(ESP with that music! lol)

Good luck to her! DS has his first ever meet on Sunday (L4). I hope they have fun!! I am glad the girls at the same time are Xcel so I don't have to hear the same music over and over ;) But I will today while I am working the L3-4 meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back