First Meet Level 5 USAG -- Meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I had my first meet last weekend :) It was fun, but kinda badly run and the equipment sucked. The bars were so low I hit my feet jumping to the high bar, the vault measuring tape only extended to 65 ft, and the beam was caved in :eek:

Scores
Vault: 8.05 6th :rolleyes:
Bars: 8.5 3rd :eek: Well considering most of the other girls on the other team were missing kips...
Beam: 8.6 5th :( Not my best routine...
Floor: 9.0 2nd :)

The scores are probably a little inflated because there were only two judges and the scoring was highly inconsistent. A level 7 fell 4+ times off the beam and scored an 8.0.

I want to post some videos but I can't figure out how to put them directly on chalkbucket. I don't see an upload link anywhere...?

I uploaded them to youtube, though: YouTube - fishchimes's Channel

One thing I find sad about my youtube channel is that my videos of me doing good skills get like 500 views, and the videos of me falling get like 3000.

You did a great job! Especially considering it was your first meet and all the equipment issues! I could tell that the bars seemed really low!:(

Congrats on getting that first meet done...and placing! You should be proud. And yes, I notice that videos of people falling tend to be much more popular...my daughter hates when gym meets are on TV and they show the athlete falling like 100 times in slow motion! :p

My daughter has her very first meet in 3 weeks. I am more nervous than her, I think.

Good luck with the rest of the season!:)

Great job, every one has their first meet story and yours is great now to move onto your other meets with this experience under your belt.

Congrats and nice to see your progress.

Very nice scores, especially for your first meet! All of the equipment issues stink, but next time around when all the equipment is fine should feel like a breeze. Great job!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back