Off Topic First Meet Of The Season Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Congrats. New level or just first for the season? How many medals are usually awarded for each event?

Congrats. New level or just first for the season? How many medals are usually awarded for each event?

This is going to vary greatly depending on region and each specific meet. In our area, we usually see either 50% plus one for events (so if 14 kids in your division, they would award top 8 for each event) and everyone for AA OR top 3rd for everything.

Depends where you live too. In The UK and Canada medals are usually top 3 places, bronze silver and gold and nothing else. In the US sometimes they go out to last place in the AA!

Depends where you live too. In The UK and Canada medals are usually top 3 places, bronze silver and gold and nothing else. In the US sometimes they go out to last place in the AA!

There was a meet that I wasn't ready to vault (after an injury), so I scratched. Still got a medal for vault though! Last place, 0.0.

But to the OP- nice job! sounds like you're off to a great start!

There was a meet that I wasn't ready to vault (after an injury), so I scratched. Still got a medal for vault though! Last place, 0.0.

But to the OP- nice job! sounds like you're off to a great start!
Lol, that usually happens when either they aren't paying attention (we cross out scratchers between the score table and the awards department) OR in the case of someone who did try to vault, but balked or did an unallowable vault.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back