Parents First Meet Report and Vid

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD competed in her first official Level 9 meet of the season last weekend.
i think she did pretty well but had a couple falls were I actually least expected them.
We went out for lunch before the meet and my stomach was messed up for the rest of the day.I don't know if it was nerves or actually a stomach bug.
It was a small meet.There were 7 kids in her Level ( all ages ).
The first event was beam.I don't get to nervous on warm up anymore because it can go either way.
So when she fell on her ( simple ) mount I was thinking well that is it.She lost her confidence now.She had a few wobbles but made everything.
Great-Score 8.675.
Floor was next.Rarely ever falls.Well,she falls on her last pass.
Score 8.65.
Vault was the same as last year.She had shoulder injury over the summer so no upgrades there.
Score 8.95.
Bars for me was her best (eve though score did not reflect it).She made everything.
Score flashed 8.45.What???
Coach said later they forgot her Bonus.So it would have been a 8.65.

She got 1st AA.

YouTube - Gymnastics Level 9 - Columbia River Classic

Tell her congratulations on the first AA. That was a solid start. She looked great, but has room for improvement, so she should have a great season. It was amazing how she didn't let the fall off the bat on beam rattle her. My dd would have gone to pieces.

Sounds like a great start to the season. Way to go! What a fabulous way to start off - 1st AA!

Great job! Loved the video! I think her bars were great. Seems like bars are the toughest judged this year.

she has great floor.. I love her music.

She is going to have a great year, I can feel it! :)

Wow what hard skills. I can really appreciate how hard it must be to even make it to become a level 9 gymnast, so many girls at our gym give up at 8 or the ones that have stuck with it are really struggling to get the skills for 9. Your daughter not only made it but was able to place 1st at her 1st level 9 meet. Her bars looked really good but that jump from the high bar to low bar just looks so difficult and scary.

What a great start ... and to think she may do even better in coming months - wow!!

Amazing!! She is going to have such a great season. Looks like the gym change was a great decision. Love her routines!!

She looks great. Cant imagine how good she will look by end of the season. Beautiful leotards too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back