WAG First Meet Report Ever!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

pinkos98

Gymnast
My first meet that I've ever competed was yesterday! I was extremely excited, but also really nervous. I competed USAIGC bronze. ;) Our first event was vault: I went third- my first vault was just completely weird because my nerves got to me a little (it was the first event- understandable right?) so my hurdle got a little messed up and my FHS was arch-y. My second vault was much better though- I got an 8.60 for vault :)
Next was bars: during warm up I didn't have my kip without a spot, but I got my long hang pullover. Then, during competition I got my kip! I got a little over excited about my kip though because I went to my back hip circle after my kip and had too much power- so I had a fall....but I fought pretty hard to stay up. When I went to do my long hang pullover I started falling so my coach just pushed me back up (yes I know I lost points for being spotted) On the bright side, I stuck my dismount! :) I got a 7.85
Beam was an interesting event for us....and we were all so nervous that we were making the beams shake whenever we stood on them. I did my handstand really weird and my legs didn't come together at all- luckily I managed to land it and not split the beam (ouch). I was so nervous about my cartwheel that I forgot my pose! Luckily we have 2 in our routines. I went for my cartwheel, but my hips weren't square so I fell :( but I just got back up and finished my routine :) I ended up getting an 8.10
Last we had floor- I don't really know what went wrong with our team, but we ended up getting some really low scores for floor. I know some of us forgot to finish a skill or two, but I'm wondering what else caused the low scores. I felt extremely confident in my floor routine, so my goal was to just have fun on the last event (which I definitely did!) I ended up getting a 7.60, but I didn't really mind because it was my best routine personally. For awards I didn't expect to place at all! I ended up placing in the top five for every event! My team also got third :) It was extremely exciting!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back