Parents First Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMom67

Proud Parent
Judge
We had our first meet today. It went pretty smoothly, considering everything was new to everyone, including the judges. My DD did pretty well, with the exception of beam. She had one balance check after another. She said something about their beam being hard, but soft at the same time? LOL She got 6th all around.

yay for a good start to the year! :)

What type of scores were you seeing? At our first meet it was levels 1-5 and I think most scores were in the 8s. There were a few 9s; but I'd say there were more 7s than 9s.

So exciting to have meets starting up! I'm ready to watch some gymnastics! Congrats to her getting that first meet done. My girls are always so nervous for that first one, could explain the wobbles on the beam. :)

yay for a good start to the year! :)

What type of scores were you seeing? At our first meet it was levels 1-5 and I think most scores were in the 8s. There were a few 9s; but I'd say there were more 7s than 9s.

Yes, that seemed to be the case at this meet as well. Lots of scores in the 8's and not a lot of 9's. My DD is Level 3. I found out later that our team got 1st place. A few of our girls went in a later session, so they didn't do any team awards while we were there.

A great first meet! It will be interesting to see how scoring goes this year with all of the changes. We don't compete until Dec.

We had our first meet this weekend as well, but it was just a Judges Cup so no real scoring. I did find out that the judges were definitely paying attention and being critical. NO ONE had a score range into the 9.0s. I can't imagine how the "real" meets are going to go.

We had our first meet this weekend as well, but it was just a Judges Cup so no real scoring. I did find out that the judges were definitely paying attention and being critical. NO ONE had a score range into the 9.0s. I can't imagine how the "real" meets are going to go.

Ouch! At least you have an idea what to expect at other meets.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back