Parents First Meet Report..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

Oldest dd had her first meet this weekend, she competed Trampoline on Saturday and Floor, Beam and Vault on Sunday. All I can say is WOW what an experience, she had a fantastic time despite being so far away from home - 300+ miles away.

Dd got 4th place for Trampoline - missed out on her first bronze medal by 0.2 points
Dd got Bronze on Floor and Beam and Silver on the Vault, we are really pleased with results, she only started doing gymnastics in August.

From my experience, the biggest thing for me after proudly watching dd and her team was the numb bum experience - never felt anything like it, it was hard to walk for a little while after getting up, also another factor was hearing the same piece of floor music 50+ times (the had competed in different age groups per level - under 9's, under 12's, under 16's, under 21 and over 21). Going to this competition made me think that I do not know much about this sport especially the trampoline side - me and my dd got stopped in toilet area and was asked what competition she was doing that day - she said trampoline and the lady asked her if she was doing a 6 bounce or 10 bounce routine, I just shrugged my shoulders and said that all I knew was that she was going to jump on the trampoline

The biggest lesson I learnt is to take a cushion next time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back