First Meet Went Great - So Proud!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

thefellowsmom

Proud Parent
The Fellows' first meet went so great. Well, once we got there but that is a long story.

She had a great time and felt really good about everything. That night she told me she wished she could wake up and do it all over again. I don't think we could have asked for anything better.

This was touted very strongly by their coaches as a practice meet only. There was no pressure on scores and there was a lot of teaching going on, even out on the floor. This was her first time and she didn't really know what to do. But even with her coaches putting her in the right spots and reminding her to salute, she never got rattled, even a little. She amazes me every day - I know, I say that a lot :)

Floor 7.55 - She didn't compete her BHS (she lost it due to injury and for safety reasons they haven't let her work them off that tramp yet) and that is a really big deduction (1.2 I think) so pretty great for the first time out, I think. Hopefully she will get to do it next time, but we won't know that for a while. Really depends.

Vault 7.9 - She made it over. YAY! That's all she wanted. Lots to still work on here. She forgot to salute the judges on her first vault. Oops.

Bars 7.9 - Her warm up routine was so lovely, but things went a little awry in the real thing. She is a little rusty after taking over a month off of bar work completely. She overshot her mill circle, which is an improvement over not making it up, so she was happy about that. Her biggest disappointment from the meet were all the steps on her landing (I felt if that was it, then we are in good shape). Better next time.

Beam 8.5 - She was so excited. She didn't fall off and pulled of the dismount on the first try. I thought she looked beautiful up there. Three days before the meet she hadn't landed a good dismount off the regulation beam yet so she was thrilled with this outcome.

4th AA and she got a plaque to start her trophy wall.

Overall, just awesome!

Video is in my sig.

She did awesome for a first meet! She looked so good on bars! Great form! YOu are going to see those scores rise over the season!! Tell her congrats!!

Her form is terrific! I really enjoyed watching her, she looks like she has very good body control - so nice to see in the little ones :)

Aw, she looked beautiful out there! Good job! So glad you guys had a great first meet experience. She did a wonderful job and her form is fantastic.

She did a terrific job. You can tell already that she's going to be one of those gymnasts who really gets the dance elements. Her body movements are very precise and smooth!

So nice! Beautiful toe points! She's going to be rocking level 4 by the end of the season! And thank you for not making me listen to the level 4 floor music and therefore having it stuck in my head for the rest of the week (All of the compulsary music is annoying, but I find that the level 4 music has the highest level of head-stickiness).

Thanks everyone for your kind words. As you can tell, I am a very proud mama.

It has been fun to see how this has given her a new perspective on her training. She was really excited to get back in the gym last night and on the way home told me all about how her vault was better at practice today and that she was working on hitting the board right and working on her shoulder angle.

Usually I get "it was fun mom" and maybe a few details on something good that happened. I try to get her point out something she feels good about at practice each time, but sometimes it is like pulling teeth. Not last night :)

what a lil cutie patootie!! She did great! Thank you for sharing. My dd and I love watching all the videos. My dd said to tell her she did really great and good luck with her season!! :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back