MAG First meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Well, D's first meet was next weekend. Then last night during game time everyone starts running around and panicking. frantic. All I got was "your son....bleeding" I run out into the gym, and he is, screaming, bleeding. He had banged his foot on some metal bleachers playing a game. Huge gash in his ankle near his tendons.

Off to the ER. 2 hours, ,1 tetanus shot, and 12 stitches later, and we were home. He cannot do gym for 10 days, just conditioning arms/core. (and maybe strap later in the week) . and that means no meet on Friday. I have gross pictures if you want to see :)

so sorry - glad it wasn't worse, though! As DS the elder is coming back from 6 weeks off with a concussion and doesn't want to compete now because he will "fail epically", I feel your pain. I can only imagine the panic you felt until you saw it wasn't "so bad" - I am always grateful that my kids scariest (although thankfully mild) injuries have all occurred without me present !

Poor D. Maybe he and my DD should face time while conditioning this week. She can make him feel better that he is "only" out for 10 days. She is about to die with only doing very limited conditioning. ;-)

I know. The coach was laughing today, because I had a feeling that he would get hurt snowboarding today. (he and his dad were supposed to go skiing/snowboarding, but obviously that was out as well.) I suppose he was "lucky" and his injury only has him out 10 days, but yeah...always non-gymnastics related.

OMG!!!! I'm so sorry!!!! This sucks. Tell your DS I'm sorry, and just to think ahead to the next meet....put this behind him.

I would have totally blamed my DS for premeditating an injury to keep him out of the first meet!

Any so he did, meet today, he tweaked his shoulders on Thursday, swears he can't use them......he decided to scratch after an hour of 'what should I do Mom!' ......I made HIM decide, reminding him of the ' you are part of a team, and the coach needs you, yadda yadda.............he asked if I could notify the coach.......no way, I made him tell HIS coach.

Did he call? So sorry munchkin, it is hard when they do that!

D was upset abotu missing. I had to have the doc tell him no. And what he could/couldn't do in gym. it will be a long week. Although, we both worked the girl meet yesterday, all day. 7:30-7. And he realized that he can't do much. It was good for him I think.

Bummer. I hope he's feeling better soon. They do often seem to injure themselves doing silly things. My dd broke a bone the day before states goofing around in her room. She kicked a piece of furniture.

It is hurting worse today. I figured today would be the pain day. Kinda worried about school tomorrow...

Did he call? So sorry munchkin, it is hard when they do that!

D was upset abotu missing. I had to have the doc tell him no. And what he could/couldn't do in gym. it will be a long week. Although, we both worked the girl meet yesterday, all day. 7:30-7. And he realized that he can't do much. It was good for him I think.
No, a lame text. But in his defense, the coach was already at the meet with the lower levels and he was waiting to see if the Advil helped.....but still. He did it. He started off saying, 'my shoulders are still hurting'....and boo hooo....
I told him to perhaps start with ' coach, I am very sorry to say that....I decided.....and I, blah blah blah..'

Reinforce that 'I'......he must make his decisions.....lately gymnastics lessons have been anything BUT gymnastics.....more like life lessons.
Oy vey.

He'll be back in no time.....I'm sorry for him though.....so hard to miss.

But seriously, boys gymnastics is SOOOOO different. There are 4 guys on the team who weren't sure if they were going to compete this weekend.....one had a bad ankle, one was sick....everyone is so easy going and like 'whatever'....

Girls meets are like 180 opposite, they pre-prepare, eat right, sleep right, they get ready 3 hours before.....if someone scratches, it's like a major event in the gym for weeks!

Lord help us parents.....

yeah....I'll take MAG Over WAG anyday! D's coach was like "probably not the last meet he'll ever miss. HE can come help me coach!"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back