First real level 9 meet for an old lady

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tonight I'm competing in my first level 9 meet and i'm 25... I need all the luck I can get! I haven't had the opportunity to train in about two months... This could be a disaster!

Good luck. My daughter has her 1st level 9 meet tomorrow, but she is 15, not 25! I'm not sure how it will go, she lost her bars dismount, so is just going to do a flyaway instead of the "C" dismount, so she won't have a fall, so an automatic deduction for that! she has been over rotating her vault and doubleback on floor all week, so they might be falls too.

I hope that she is still able to do it when she gets in her 20's. no lasting aches and pains. How do you find out about adult meets?

WOW - I am impressed:)! That is so cool! I wish the very best of luck to you - let us know how it went:)!

Just out of curiousity - At what age did you start gymnastics, and did you stay with it all along, or take a break for awhile?

The meet was a disaster! My highest score was an 8.15 on beam. Lol. I was off on everything. But oh well! I had fun and I have another one next month, so hopefully I'll be able to train and that will go better.

Tams Mom: I don't do adult meets... I actually compete against girls who are half my age. One of the girls asked how old I was tonight... and I look like I'm fifteen but her jaw dropped when I said 25. It was quite funny.

GymmomOR1127: I started gymnastics when I was 13, competed until I graduated as a level seven. Then I did some college club meets (no pressure or anything at those meets), working out when I had the chance, but nothing too major. Then when I was 22 I started doing USAG meets again as a level eight. I was thrilled because I always wanted to be a level 8. I actually ended up winning states that year and qualified to the Regional team and placed on beam there! It kind of felt like a fairy tale.
Now, three years later, I'm trying to be (unsuccessfully tonight-lol) a level nine. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back