First/Second Day of Event Finals *Spoilers*

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Well, I still cannot believe I got up at 2am to watch gymnastics, but that just might show how crazy I am! (probably the last morning I do that as I do have to work the rest of the week :( ).
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It was well worth it! Some great gymnastics, and some that made me just cry. I was gutted for Jade and Rhys! But so excited for Mykayla!

I will watch the rest...slightly delayed lol. But had to watch Pommel Horse LIVE! Max....amazing!!! I love watching him. LEE Chih Kai put on a clinic...it was gorgeous!! And Alec did well, just a few breaks.

Yul on floor...sigh. I have never seen him do that, and he has been doing them forever! But his landings are just gorgeous! And Nikita got his skill!!

Such a fun morning!

I’m trying to nap now while my kids play with their grandparents. These live streams have left me so sleep deprived It’s been so fun though, and I’ll miss it after it’s over. The cross-cultural athlete support, high fiving etc has really moved me.

I’m trying to nap now while my kids play with their grandparents. These live streams have left me so sleep deprived It’s been so fun though, and I’ll miss it after it’s over. The cross-cultural athlete support, high fiving etc has really moved me.

I agree. It is so uplifting to see them support one another!

This was my last all-nighter. I cannot do it anymore lol. And pommel was the one I *HAD* to see lol. So the others will just have to be tape delayed. But it has been fun to be able to "Hang out" with my son who is 2 time zones away while we watch it "together" :)

It was a great start to Event finals. Felt really bad for some of the gymnasts but we got to see some incredible routines

I woke up for pommel horse... watched the whole thing... tried to stay awake... woke back up when bars was over.

Thrilled for Jade!!!
I know many people don't like her, she doesn't have the cleanest execution and she doesn't show much of emotions in her floor routine, but I've been rooting for her since she started her World Cups route, and I was heartbroken for her yesterday on vault, but I'm just so happy that she finally got her gold medal! Go Jade, you deserve it!

Thrilled for Jade!!!
I know many people don't like her, she doesn't have the cleanest execution and she doesn't show much of emotions in her floor routine, but I've been rooting for her since she started her World Cups route, and I was heartbroken for her yesterday on vault, but I'm just so happy that she finally got her gold medal! Go Jade, you deserve it!
Agreed! It took me a while to appreciate her gymnastics after not following the sport for a while and being used to 80’s gymnastics, but I really have come to admire her strengths and am so impressed with how she’s grown in her execution and as an all around gymnast. I may have shed a tear this morning, the entire floor group was so fun to watch, and the silver and that bronze tie!

Thrilled for Jade!!!
Agreed, so proud of her. It just seems like she has made the most of her abilities and opportunities. Anybody know why she's going to Oregon St? Surely she could have gotten a scholarship to any school.

Agreed, so proud of her. It just seems like she has made the most of her abilities and opportunities. Anybody know why she's going to Oregon St? Surely she could have gotten a scholarship to any school.

Maybe she likes the team/coaches and school? Likes the area? Likes the climate? Likes the program of study she wants to do there. So many reasons!

Thrilled for Jade!!!
I have followed her since her transition to elite, Her path to elite intrigued me. It's routing for the underdog, though I would never consider her gymnastics as "underdog".

I think she committed to them long before she was an elite. Not sure if there are family ties to the school.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back